chapter 2(double update)♥️

**Guide:** (breathless) Ah, you there! Hold on!

**Avani:** (curious) Is something the matter?

**Guard 3:** (approaching cautiously) What's the commotion here?

**Guard 1:** We've got a stranger, claims she's lost.

**Guard 2:** (nodding) Doesn't look like she belongs here.

**Guard 3:** (squinting at Avani) Lost, huh? Looks more like the new maid. I heard they were expecting one today.

**Avani:** (confused) Maid? No, you've got it wrong. I'm not...

**Guard 1:** (interrupting) Well, she's not authorized for palace entry.

**Guard 3:** (raising an eyebrow) Nonsense! The new maid is supposed to start today. Come along, we'll sort it out inside.

**Avani:** (protesting) I really think there's been a misunderstanding. I'm not here to work.

**Guard 2:** (with a smirk) Well, if they're expecting you, in you go.

Avani, now caught in a case of mistaken identity, is led towards the palace gates, the grandeur of the unknown awaiting her inside.

**Avani:** (confused) I really think there's been a mistake. I'm not a maid.**Assistant Maid:** (chuckling) Always the new ones claiming that. Get to work, or the head maid will have our heads!
**Head Maid:** (handing Avani a bundle of clothes) You're late! Hurry, take these and start cleaning the chambers.

**Avani:** (muttering to herself) This can't be happening. I need to find a way out of this.

**Head Maid:** Avani, your tasks extend beyond the hearth and kitchen. Lady Anusha is hosting a gathering tonight, and your assistance is required.

**Avani:** A gathering? What should I do?

**Head Maid:** You'll be responsible for preparing the guests' chambers. Ensure every detail is immaculate—fresh linens, polished surfaces, and fragrant flowers.

**Avani:** Guests' chambers. I'll make sure everything is perfect.

**Head Maid:** Lady Anusha is particular about attire. Assist the seamstress in arranging the dresses and accessories.

**Avani:** Dress arrangements, noted.

**Head Maid:** Lastly, during the gathering, serve refreshments, and be attentive to the guests' needs.

**Avani:** Serving during the gathering. I'll do my best.

As Avani finds herself amidst the tasks assigned to maids in the 16th century, she struggles to adapt to her new role, questioning the reality of her situation.**Maid 1:** Avani, you're new here, aren't you? Well, get ready for a day filled with tasks.

**Avani:** New? Yes, I suppose. What tasks do I need to do?

**Maid 2:** First, you'll be in charge of cleaning the hearth. Lady Anusha can't stand a speck of dust.

**Avani:** Hearth cleaning, got it. What else?

**Maid 1:** You'll assist in the kitchen—fetch water, chop vegetables, and make sure the fire keeps burning.

**Avani:** Kitchen duties as well. Anything else?

**Maid 2:** Lady Anusha loves her garden. Don't forget to water the plants and pluck the weeds.

**Avani:** Gardening too. This sounds like quite the day.

As Avani immerses herself in the daily chores of a 16th-century maid, she gains a deeper understanding of the intricacies of life in Devavarta. Each task brings her closer to unveiling the mysteries that surround the palace and its inhabitants