Chapter Three

Alia's Pov
Since yesterday I've been thinking about Abhimanyu Sir. Like all the fun on one side and actually doing this is on other. The plan he made can take his job away. Is he serious about these?

I am in the classroom right now, and totally lost.
"Miss Basu I'd like you to give me the example. " Sir said out of no where.
Damn I'm caught off guard but whatever at least I gotta stand first so I stood up.

"I am sorry sir. I would like you to repeat the question again. I wasn't paying attention."

"I hope you know that's the reason I made you answer. Please leave all your worries out and be attentive at the class. I hope lesson is learned. "

"Yes sir, I am really sorry."

"Alright sit down. And these is the first and last time you are getting a warning. It's not only for Miss Basu I hope everyone here fix this in mind. If you think there is something more important than lectures, I would prefer you not attending lectures. I hope it is fixed in everyone's mind I won't repeat." He said strictly. I know how strict he is in study matters but it's been years since someone shouted on me like that. Well I am embarrassed and do realize my mistake. But there seems that there is something more to his anger.

I was all ears for the rest of the lecture. I wanted to talk with Sir after the lectures but I couldn't find him.

I was looking for him and realized I bumped into him. Gosh, grave mistake Miss Alia Basu. He already seemed frustrated about something and I committed two mistakes.

"I'm really sorry Sir."

"You aren't suppose to come here after the college isn't it?"

"Sir I wanted to ask.." I was about to say when one professor crossed us.

"How about we go to your office please?"
"Okay come." He said and we headed to his office.

"So what's the problem?"
"Sir were you really serious about the plan. You really want to scare them like that. It will be risky."
He laughed.
"I joked about it Alia. Do you think I am that stupid? Or do you think they're going to be scared about it? Of course they aren't. Just do something to get them caught red handed."

Oh so it was only me who thought it's really. It's so dumb of me.

"See if you ever get bullied again make sure you film secretly. Or you can of course make them do it in front of you. Don't worry that complaint will not go to the authorities just yet." He said but his voice clearly told me there is something off.

"That's it I suppose you should leave." He said. I turned to leave but I felt as if my foot are stuck there. They were not ready to leave. Something in me said,

'You know Alia. Come on, he really needs someone to talk to right now. Well he won't say that but he is really upset. You can be his listener.'

But I don't know if it is appropriate. He may not appreciate it. Or that will look totally different. I stopped thinking and got out of the professor's office.

But I waited near his car. My heart wasn't ready to leave him all alone behind. After an hour he came out and noticed me near his car.

"Miss Basu you're yet here? Everything okay?"
"Right now. I am not standing here as a student but as a human who saw ghe loneliness in your eyes and knew that you can really use someone to talk to."
"Miss Basu thanks for the concern but.."
"I am returning the favor you did yesterday." He was about to say something when it suddenly started raining. Well it's not yet monsoon but it's near the corner maybe that's the reason it is raining nowadays.
"Please come sit in car." He said and we both got into his car.

"So if you're comfortable you can share whatever you want or just stay silent and enjoy the company with rain outside." He chuckled when he heard me using his own saying for himself.
"So you really aren't going to leave are you?"
"No I'm not." I said beaming.

"Okay you're right I'm stressed. It's just some family issues." He said and sighed.

"I don't know what your family issue is but I do know one thing it's better to take one thing at time when if comes to family and also not take their shoutings and undesirable advice to heart. Maybe from their perspective what they say is helpful for you." I said.

He smiled a little.

"Please never feel lonely if you do then you can always contact me. I'll always listen. "
"Can I ask why?" He said looking into my eyes deeply with those ocean blue eyes that for a minute I was too stunned to speak but then I broke the eye contact and said,
"Because I know how it feels to be lonely when surrounded by a hundred thousand people. It's the worst feeling a human can experience. And I don't wish that even for my enemies." I can say he understood me which was quite surprising as most of the people does not get it.

He played on music and started to drive.
"Oh you can leave me here."
"No worries I can take you home. You just said enjoy the company right?" He said and started driving.

"The rain is so peaceful and beautiful." I said looking out of the window.

"What's pretty about it? It's just dirty mud everywhere. " He said.

"No its not. Every rain drop has it's own story and that rhythm shouts peace in our bodies."
"You know that's more of a poetic view."
He said and drove it's clear he doesn't like rain and he has his reasons but surely what I know is no music or rhythm is as peaceful as the rain drops.

The rain has stopped. We reached my home.

As soon as I got out of the car he opened the window and said..

"Thanks for that Alia. You don't know how much I needed this or maybe you do. Thank you." I smiled and said,
"I've seen you ensuring that every student of yours is mentally healthy and not lonely. You deserve it to professor."

A smile curved on his lips and so did on mine we waved each other a goodbye.