Sustained Harassment

Start from the beginning

"Please Cassandra, leave him alone."

"Damn it, I won't, Bela!" Cassandra snapped, shooting me a judgmental look. "What the hell is this shit you're pulling on me? is your love only for Bela and Daniela?"

"Perhaps because they have different natures, does my love for those I care about and my hatred for those I despise pose a problem?"

"You think my sisters are adored and you follow their lead, but what the hell about me? let's fucking see how much you'll disregard the house rules."

"Cassandra, we have a moment of calm, would you mind taking a little break and having some cake with us?" Daniela giggled, cradling a plate of sweets, her face glowing with a joyful smile.

Cassandra sighed with annoyance. "Is there a need for all of this?"

"Of course, let's share some happy moments."

"Fine, let's make it quick and see how your cooking tastes."

Cassandra headed towards the table where Bela and Daniela were enjoying the cake, casting a glance at me as there was only one seat available next to her, I sat there reluctantly.

"Take your piece."

"Daniela, appreciate it, but this portion is colossal, what's the deal with consistently loading up my plate?"

"Because I love making sure you get the biggest share each time, just to see your cheeks plump up."

"That's cute, but I want a small piece as long as it's a dessert."

"Is it that you never get satisfied, or are you just into the bold stuff?" Cassandra taunted.

"I don't require sugar to keep my brain running, but a bit of sweetness might do wonders for your attitude, Lady Cassandra." I casually looked around as I started devouring the cake. "I believe some cream would be perfect, where's that at?"

"Right under your nose, and you didn't even catch a glimpse of it?" Cassandra remarked, pointing at the bottle.

"I was waiting for an answer from Bela, but anyway.." I took the bottle and poured the cream on the cake without any hesitation, but when I saw the red liquid, I began to wonder.

"What is this?"

Cassandra smiled widely. "Don't you enjoy the taste of blood? it could enhance your dining experience."

"You find it amusing to swap a cream bottle with one full of blood? thanks to you, I've missed out on my piece of cake."

"You can.. take my portion." Bela whispered.

"No, it's not my concern at all, I'm not hungry, just annoyed.. but thanks, Bela." I mentioned, wearing a grin.

The three continued to indulge in the cake until they finished within minutes, then Bela and Daniela left, while Cassandra remained.

"Finally done with this never-ending, dull dinner." Cassandra remarked, snatching the plate away. "My little sister's cooking is decent, but I'd savor the cake more if you weren't lingering around me."

"I guess I ruined your mood, didn't I?"

"On the contrary, I enjoy annoying you, so don't think you'll ever break my spirits."

I teased. "Seems like you don't feel joy much."

"It's just a concept, means nothing."

Each of us headed to our rooms and distanced ourselves, of course not before Cassandra stepped on my feet as a nuisance.