Yes, he is just looking at my eyes, and I can read his thoughts just like he can read mine. I put my legs over his thighs and cross my arms under his ribs. The pain down there is subtle for now, but as soon as I respond to his movement, the pain comes back, and I mewl, hiding my face on his shoulder as I dig my short nails into his skin.

His lips start peppering their way from my jaw to my earlobe, another weak point of mine that helps me relax a bit before he starts moving again. And now, I start to like it too. More than like it, obviously.

****

I have felt him getting closer these past few days, especially after his father's burial. He was a master at disguising his pain that day, taking care of me like I lost someone and not him. Until...

Flashbacks

"Tell me the truth, has something happened between you and him, romantically I mean?!" He is angry since Robert came with Maribel. I know he barely held himself during dinner, so I chose not to listen to his nonsense and prepared to sleep. But he pulled my arms forcefully.

I couldn't believe he was doing that. My arms were hurting, and I forcefully removed myself from him. "Don't ever dare to repeat this, or the consequences will not be good," I assert and move away. But he pulls me again, this time pressing me against his body, leaving no space between us.

"I am jealous of him. He has been before me. He must have tasted your lips, felt your warmth, and now he must, or he is doing it, with my sister..." He doesn't finish his sentence and leaves me there, flying out of the room. Immediately, I put on a night kimono and follow him.

I find him standing in the middle of their room when I turn to see what has kept him rooted there.

My heart shattered watching Maribel huddled over Robert's body, sobbing. Witnessing Robert in that devastated situation was something out of this realm. He is the strongest man I know, and yet he was crying together with her. Amor was stunned, but as soon as I took his hand, he nodded and followed me. He didn't speak, only went to his bedside and lay down. I went to his side and helped him move as he claimed his part. He didn't say anything, just rested his head on my chest, not needing to ignite anything more. His tears spoke about his pain. I kept stroking his hair and patting his shoulder all night. I never used to be the one to support others, I always took and never had the opportunity to give comfort like now. His cold tears wrecked my heart whenever they came in contact with my fingers that caressed his face.

Before morning, I believed he had stopped crying and I must have fallen asleep.

I woke up without him but heard the shower running. Without thinking twice, I joined him and, oh my goodness! He was a divine sight, rinsing the shampoo foam from his sculpted body. I touched his abs and he opened his eyes to see me there. I found myself underneath the water droplets, never leaving his eyes. But I shut my eyes tight and gasped when I found my back against the cold wall, my thighs wrapped around his torso, as his lips ravished mine. I don't have the willpower to resist him when his hands touch me. I am too vulnerable to oppose him in this naked state. He owns me, and that's what scares me. The part I enjoy most after showering with him is the dressing part. I choose what to dress and he puts them on. It's really a sight to behold how his face changes whenever I play dirty, provoking him, even though the shower session left me sore. Nonetheless, he musters up his emotions, especially those below his belt, and takes titanic patience to finalize my outfit. "You think if I had something with him, I would be here with you and him in the same place?" I explained what he doubted last night, staring at him as he was giving the final touch to my outerwear. It hurts that he had that thought about me and Robert, although the rude man always complicated things for me. "I believe in your eyes, but answer when I talk. I don't want to hurt you because then I will hurt myself." He kissed my inner palm and placed it on his chest. I felt how fast his heart was beating, although he didn't say it, I know what this gesture means. I grabbed his free hand and put it on my heart too. No need for words when our hearts beat fast, declaring what our tongues don't dare to elaborate. Holding hands as we were holding our hearts, we went toward the kitchen. He cooked as I watched him intently, still thinking about the steamy shower moments ago. I helped him with the plates on the veranda. The natural air filled my lungs. This is life, no matter the parks and trees in the city, you can't find the serenity and fresh air of the forest. He sat down first as I was placing the last plate. Instead of being seated on his side, he pulled me onto his lap. His magnetic blue eyes had me ensnared in his arms. He cocooned my lips with his, and all I saw were sparks as I savored the moment. We heard laughter coming from inside, and quickly I moved from his lap to his left side. He growled at me, earning a laugh-snore from my side, which put me in an embarrassing state. 

"I love your laughter," he stated. I locked eyes with him, and then he kissed my crown of hair. 

End. 

Those words still linger in my mind as I contemplate the nature canvas in front of me. The crispy frost has covered the land with its crystal carpet. It's a rare event in Mexico, but when it happens, it looks like time itself has been frozen during the night. My eyes gaze at the immense blue that covers the land, finally a shade of blue that matches his eye color. I take a deep breath, suddenly becoming shy at the thought of him staring at me like the sky above. I close my eyes, imagining his radiant gaze, when my eyes don't receive any more light. Darkness comes from nowhere. As if my wish had come true, he stands before me with his sky eyes. My hands reach for his face that betray every emotion he feels at the moment.

 Suddenly, I find myself wrapped in his chest.

 "I am sorry, Sarahi! I hurt you last night. You wanted to please me, but my selfishness ruined your enjoyment. I know you want to be in charge too, and damn, I am crazy about it, but..." he hesitates, with tears close to his eyes. I can't leave him in his self-harming state when I am his cure. "Did I say something? Did I say stop and you didn't stop? No, right!" He nods as I continue, "I thought I would prefer a slow, gentle vanilla style, but I am enjoying your rawness and roughness day by day. Since the plane incident, my body has been accepting your possessiveness in bed. After all, you are my first, my second, my..." I couldn't finish because it's impossible to resist his lips for so long. And then he pulls me up, so I grab his body like an octopus, and he sits us on the bed. "Do whatever you want with me, but you know that one condition." I nod and proceed with my mission from last night. With my hand traveling down, he becomes my guide, teaching me to pleasure him without removing eyes from his face.

 I just hope it doesn't become a compulsive obsession with what we feel for each other.