My fairy

Chapter 8

The most exciting part of any wedding is when the bouquet is thrown. The bouquet, made of beautiful lilies and lavender, was held close by the bride throughout the ceremony. However, the time had come to pass it on to someone else.

But the bride couldn't bear to part with it and see it damaged on its way. So, she decided to blindfold herself with a ribbon and spin around three times. The single ladies gathered around her, eagerly waiting for Maya to make her way towards them.

With her head spinning, Maya walked towards the circle, still clutching the bouquet dearly. She found herself standing in the middle of two girls, and her intuition told her to choose the one on her left. Everyone cheered and clapped as Maya, filled with curiosity, opened her eyes.

"Thank you, Maya! I never expected to have this opportunity," Maribel said, but deep down, she was hoping for a sign to follow her heart. On the right stood Calypso, who didn't appear disappointed at all. In fact, she was attentively observing her brother, who couldn't take his eyes off the girl in the beautiful green dress.

"Maribel, this dress really brings out your gorgeous green eyes," Maya complimented, but Maribel was too captivated by the man with jet black hair and deep blue eyes to pay attention.

The sky above resembles his eyes, and for the first time, she has immense confidence in herself to look up to a man who has captivated her mind.

"Go ask her for a dance," Calypso advises her brother, who hasn't moved his eyes from the enchantress across the room.

"She is elite, hermana, and I am just a bodyguard," he cuts the eye contact and turns to face his sister.

"I admit she is ethereal, but she isn't meant for someone like me. I have nothing to offer a woman like her, accustomed to having everything, and I don't even have a place to rest my head. If it weren't for your generosity, I would be sleeping under a bridge," he continues, shutting his heart, pleading to go to her.

"You will never truly understand us. All you think about is material possessions in a relationship. Women don't need that; they need a hand to hold as they walk, a shoulder to lean on when the world becomes too heavy for them, an embrace to remind them that whatever problems they face will pass." Calypso has witnessed numerous broken women, seeking hope in her sessions, hoping that their lovers truly love and care for them, or perhaps, that they haven't been deceived despite the evidence. These women come from different parts of society, but in deep conversation, she understands that all they truly need is love and care, not money.

And this is how she came to that conclusion.

Yet, Robert turned to see the girl in the enchanting green dress, the girl who possesses the most exquisite smile in the entire world, especially when she becomes bashful in his presence. However, Maribel was nowhere to be found. His heart scolded his mind for being so callous.

"Catch the ball," Calypso exclaimed, demanding his attention as she threw the ball into the air.

Bewildered, he looked at her and attempted to catch it, only to stumble and appear rather foolish in the eyes of others. A man with the physique of a bodybuilder clumsily chasing after a simple ball.

He pursued it stubbornly until the ball began to spin uncontrollably. Losing his patience, he bent down to retrieve it, but another hand was quicker.

"Here is your ball," she said shyly, batting her long eyelashes, causing his heart to race with fervor.

"This isn't my ball. Last time I checked, they were still attached to me," Robert playfully teased. However, his jest did not resonate well with the girl. Her emerald eyes failed to conceal the disappointment his words had left behind.