part one; book three; chapter eight

...

i obliged to a makeover from my new half-sisters for my 'date' even though i just wanted to talk to chiron. 😭😭

piper did my makeup, picked out clothing for me, then she did my hair. it was put into a high ponytail.

"ok, thank you, but i really have to go now

"ok, thank you, but i really have to go now." i told her.

i got up but piper pulled me in for a hug. i thought she was just giving me a hug but then i realized that she spritzed me with sol de jainero...

they both smiled at me,

"bye (y/n), have fun with your date with the dead!" teased piper.

"it's not a date!" i yelled back before shutting the door and walking out.

the area around our cabin was lonely, meaning that nico wasn't there,

"he was supposed to be here right now." i whined to myself.

i walked to the back of the cabin because it was shady back there, but i walked a little too far and went straight into the forest.

suddenly, i felt the hairs on my legs, neck, and arms stand up. the feeling of death,

"nico? is that you?"

i figured that he wasn't in the forest, so i turned around but it was pitch black, therefore i couldn't see my way out.

the natural sweet-smelling scent came from the aphrodite cabin, so i followed it.

it was almost like i was walking through a swamp because my feet started feeling mushy, wet, cold.

the feeling from earlier started to perk up again.

'my nose is probably lying to me! like where even am i?'

but it wasn't, it was most definitely leading me to the scent of the sweet aphrodite cabin. maybe just not the actual cabin.

at this point, my shoes and socks were soaked and muddy.

out of nowhere, i heard a deep rumbling sound, like laughter from someone with a deep voice of something.

i kept walking further and further to bump into a wall, but, it was a door instead. my impulsiveness caused me to open the door, but at least i did it slowly. my eyes adjusted to the sudden bright light, which was in the middle of a room with two chairs in the middle.

there were two things sitting on the chairs. i could only see their silhouettes, so i didn't know exactly what they were. but one thing was sure, they looked like monsters...

a shock of realization came over me,

'oh no, i have to get out of here! how did i even get here!? this place smells just like my cabin!'

my hands shook to reach for the knob to close the door and accidentally bumped the main light switch, turning on all of the lights inside and outside of the small building.