Bucky Distancing Actions

About a month after Percy's birthday, Bucky was reading old files of the Winter Soldier's missions. he had been reading them for a couple of hours making lists of those who were put into places of power in the last twenty years and could still be in power for HYDRA's cause and the other list of victims of the Winter Soldier. His therapist recommended he explain to the victims that what was done to them was not his fault but HYDRA" 's. These did help him place the blame on who is rightfully at fault. His therapist never asked to read the letters all she asked was that he let her know when he crossed a name.

Unlike his first therapist (A/N the one from TFAWS I never liked her she treated him like a criminal and not the victim he was. She reminded me of how some people blamed a raped victim or shamed them. I so wanted to crawl into my TV and beat the shit out of her.) who seemed to treat him like a criminal and wanted him to make amends with the victim's family. Michelle had walked into one of his sessions in January and he flipped out on her. Michelle made a point of having FRIDAY put on an Iron Man suit on her and having it do things that she could not control. Michelle had her dance the funky chicken, cook them dinner, and clean the training room to name a few things. Yes, she was let out of the suit to use the bathroom. After about five hours of these Michelle let her out and told her she would file a complaint against her for how she was treating her patients.

Bucky opens a file and sees a picture of a sixteen-year-old Michelle smiling with her brothers Mac and Patrick, their mother Roslyn, and an older version of Mac. Bucky guesses that the older man is Seamus her late father. He starts to read and drops the file on the desk in his bedroom. He gets up and starts pacing, pulling his hair as he does so. He pulls his phone out and calls his therapist. Once she answers Bucky: "I was the one to shoot my soulmate when she was 16 years old and I was under the control of HYDRA. I don't know what to do. I hurt her, I could have killed her!" He listens to her for a bit.

Later that day Michelle showed up at the compound. She is carrying a cake box and a sketchpad. Bucky at this point is sitting in the compound living room staring at the floor. Michelle walks in and sees him sitting there she smiles. She heads towards him and bends down to kiss his head. He jerks his head away from her. Michelle, with a look of concern on her face: "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you." Bucky with a brooding expression: "It's fine, Doll" He smiles at her but it does not reach his eyes. " What are you doing here?" Michelle looks at him closely: "I made a plum crumble for you and Mom wants Tony to make a new music box for her. Are you ok you seem to be brooding. I have not seen you brood since we first met." Bucky: "I'm fine just go through something in my mind right now. Why does your Mom want another music box?" Michelle smiles: "She wants one for my Dad and she does not want it to be Indiana Jones but to represent my Dad."

As time goes by Bucky slowly pulls physical touch from Michelle. All of this comes to a head on a Friday night. Tony had planned on doing a whole group dinner and movie that night. Twenty minutes before dinner, Tony's phone rings; "Hey Warrior Queen are you on your way dinner is almost ready?.................. Oh wow, that sucks, well I will see you when you get here then." He ends the call. Tony: "Michelle is running late. It seems that an item that belongs to a client came to them damaged and she is doing damage control hopefully the team can repair it." Everyone nods.

Dinner has passed and now all of the Avengers and Cloud, Happy, Paul, Percy, and Annabeth are in the movie theater. Sally, Pepper, Morgan, and Estelle are watching a Disney movie in Sally and Paul's apartment. Well, Morgan is asleep. The others have chosen to watch The Hobbit.

The movie has been going on for almost an hour when Michelle walks in carrying a bag with food from dinner and a chocolate milkshake with two straws in it. She sits next to Bucky. He immediately stands up and walks out of the room. Michelle looks to where he went and then looks back at everyone.

Michelle: "UM did I do something wrong to him? (she looks to Tony) Tony, I am gonna take a rain check for tonight." Once she finished speaking she opened a portal leaving her food behind.. Finn jumps through the portal before it closes. Steve, Percy and Sam leave the room.

The three men head to Steve and Bucky's apartment. Steve opens the door. Bucky is pacing the living room and muttering to himself. Percy: "What the hell was that Bucky?" Bucky stops and looks at Percy. "I did something as the Winter Soldier to Michelle and I am afraid she will hate me and not want to be my soulmate still." Sam: "Did you tell her what you did to her while you could not control yourself." Bucky: "No I did not. I can't." Steve: "Bucky she left, we have no idea where, She left her food behind and she almost left Finn here." Percy: "Bucky you need to speak to her. Her face showed she was heartbroken. Bucky I know Michelle knows you were not in control of your actions. She will never blame you for them. From what I heard she went two to two with Tony about HYDRA ordering the Winter Soldier to kill his parents and my grandparents. I have no problem going to the underworld to know them."

Meanwhile, at Michelle's, she walks to her liquor cabinet and pulls out three bottles of Jameson Irish Whiskey. Once she has the bottles, she heads up the stairs to the third floor and her master bedroom. Finn looks at her with concern in his eyes. She opens the first bottle and starts to drink and the tears come. Cloud, Nat, Wanda, and Annabeth come to the house and find her already on the second bottle. All four of them try to get her to stop but she just keeps drinking and crying. By the time she passes out, she has drank five bottles. The girls stay in the room to keep her from choking on her vomit. Cloud and Annabeth text their mates to let them know what is up.

A/N: Sorry I have not been posting often I had writer's block. I can see this chapter in my mind by getting to the screen.

Be kind votes and comments are helpful so I know if there are issues.