Chapter 2

Sephiroth woke up when he fell from his bed with a thump, letting out a startled shout before he was quiet again. It didn't hurt a lot, and he had long learned that it didn't matter how much he cried, no one was going to help him.

He had managed to drag half the sheets with him, and the lamp on his bedside table was lying precariously close to the edge.

Sniffling a little, he sat up, looking a little confused before he remembered he was back home after his mission. Still in his headspace, he tried to get to his feet, and didn't manage to find his balance again, falling on his behind and noticing the wet and soggy diaper.

"Icky," Sephiroth said, knowing that he wasn't able to change himself now. His stomach growled and he frowned at it. But it wasn't lying. He was hungry. He had showered and gone to bed without food because he had been so tired.

"Food," Sephiroth decided, shuffling to his knees and quickly pulling his reserve pillow from the bed. It wasn't as good as a plushie, but it was something. Crawling towards the kitchen, he dragged it with him, not caring about the sight he made, just wearing a sleep shirt and a wet diaper.

It was cold though, but he couldn't work the heating when he was small either, so he would just quickly try and find something he could eat while he was little before finding a blankie he could snuggle in.

Suddenly, the weight in his hand grew less, and he frowned when he sat on his bum and pulled the hand that was pulling the pillow in front of his eyes, only finding the cover. Turning around with wide eyes, he saw it lying behind him.

"No," Sephiroth said, on the verge of tears. Grabbing the pillow, he tried to get it back into the case, making noises of frustration when it didn't work.

It wasn't fair. He couldn't have a plushie and now he didn't even have a complete pillow. Angrily, he thumped with his fists on the ground once, before he stopped, and just stuffed the hand holding the cover in his mouth, trying to suck on it and soothe himself.

If he made too much of a mess, Hojo would come, and he would give him a sedative until he was big again and Sephiroth hated the feeling of lying there half awake and not able to move or do anything.

After a few shaking breaths, he felt himself calm down again, and ended up biting on the pillow cover. Sniffling a little more, he decided to continue his trek to the kitchen, but when he arrived there, his lack of balance made it so he couldn't open the cupboards with the food in it.

"'s not fair," Sephiroth said again, feeling some tears fall from his eyes and hating how it was now. Hating how he couldn't do anything for himself and hating that there was no one to help him. If only he hadn't been a little. Or perhaps, if only he had been a little not in his situation.

Cloud sighed, taking the bundles of clean laundry and delivering them back to the upper floors. It wasn't as stressful as getting the laundry had been. Most rooms were deserted, and he just left them at the entrance.

And then there was the general's room. Cloud stood in front of it, wondering what he would encounter.

An empty room? Or would there be a caregiver busy with a little Sephiroth? Or would the general be in his big headspace?

Knocking on the door, no answer came, and Cloud took out the keycard in his pocket.

Stepping in, he guessed it was an empty room. Putting down the laundry on the cupboard, he was about to leave when he saw a pillow lying on the floor. Frowning, he hesitated a moment, before remembering that Sephiroth had been taking a nap before.

Cautiously, he approached it and picked it up, before he heard some noises. His eyes wide, he swore when he didn't have a weapon near him. Did something happen while the general was in his headspace. Glancing back at the bedroom, he saw that the bed was empty, half the sheets fallen on the floor, and a lamp lying on the bedside table.