ROMANCE SUBGENRE [Romantic Comedy]

Romantic Comedy aka RomCom combines humor and romantic elements. RomComs typically feature a lighthearted and comedic tone with characters engaging in witty banter and humorous situations. The central romantic relationship is often complicated by misunderstandings or external obstacles ranging from meddling friends or family to professional or personal obligations to cultural differences. They often have a happy or uplifting ending with the main characters overcoming obstacles and finding love together.

❤️ Sample blurb of a romantic comedy novel: The Proposal by Jasmine Guillory. When freelance writer Nikole Paterson goes to a Dodgers game with her actor boyfriend, his man bun, and his bros, the last thing she expects is a scoreboard proposal. Saying no isn't the hard part—they've only been dating for five months, and he can't even spell her name correctly. The hard part is having to face a stadium full of disappointed fans. Doctor Carlos Ibarra comes to Nik's rescue and rushes her away from a camera crew. In the wilds of LA, a handsome doctor can't be looking for anything serious, so she embarks on an epic rebound with him. But when their glorified hookups start breaking the rules, one of them has to be smart enough to put on the brakes.