ROMANCE SUBGENRE [LGBTQIAP+]

LGBTQIAP+ Romance features romantic relationships between characters who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and other non-heterosexual or non-cisgender identities. These novels provide a platform to showcase diverse and inclusive representations of love and attraction, depicting the lives and experiences of LGBTQQIAP+ individuals in a truthful and empathetic manner. Through these narratives, readers gain a better understanding of the unique challenges, joys, and complexities of LGBTQIAP+ relationships, while also celebrating the universal themes of love, acceptance, and self-discovery.

❤️ Sample blurb of an LGBTQIAP+ romance novel: Call Me By Your Name by André Aciman is an unforgettable story of romance and self-discovery. Set in the sun-drenched Italian Riviera, the novel follows the burgeoning relationship between Elio, a precocious 17-year-old, and Oliver, a charming American scholar staying with Elio's family for the summer. As their friendship evolves into a passionate and clandestine affair, Aciman beautifully captures the intense emotions of first love and the aching melancholy of longing. This poignant novel is a lyrical exploration of desire, identity, and the irrevocable impact of a fleeting summer romance.