Unspoken

"What do you mean an explosion happened? Isn't that common?," you yelled, in hopes that you could at least get a bit of closure to convince yourself the situation wasn't that bad. "Yes, but in this case tons of dynamite went off at once. The entire place caved in. No more questions, I want you out of here! Now!," Your father was slowly losing his patience as he slammed your bedroom door shut. Your lips pursed. He better not have done anything stupid. You were lost in thought, slightly worried about Norton. This happening on his first day of being there was no coincidence.

You quickly picked out something light, which was a skirt that flowed down to your feet, paired it with some boots, a white blouse and Claude's coat. You left your room, looking over the balcony of the staircase. The majority of the other mine owners had come over, other important people were present as well. You squinted, looking to see if there was anyone besides the owners. No luck. You quickly went downstairs as everyone continued to panic.  There was so much yelling going around it was hard to tell what was happening. Your father raised his arms. "Clara, Get our horses ready quickly!," he shouted as she was barely leaving her room.

"Yes, sir!," She ran out the front door, the wind howling loudly outside. Felix was tapping his foot on the ground, twiddling with his fingers relentlessly. "I left for not even an entire day... How could this happen?"  Your father's face scrunched up. His back was facing you. "Maybe if you didn't leave, this could've been avoided." You put your hand on his shoulder. "You don't know that. Mr. Smith had no control over this."

Felix gave you a soft smile, but your father slowly turned to you. "You don't know how crazy those miners are. Those dirty bastards can't do a single thing right without complaining." You looked at your father in utter disbelief. How could he even say something like that? "With the conditions you've given them I'm sure they can't do anything without complaining.," You blurted out. You hand slowly rose to your mouth, realizing your mistake.

"Is there something you want to explain?"

You swallowed harshly. "What?" Your eyebrows furrowed. "Define conditions for me. How would you know any of that...," Your father started. His expression went cold. You searched the room, silence filled the air. I can't get out of this. "Everyone there looks miserable. I can only assume the worst." Soon enough the front door burst open. "The horses are ready, sir!" He turned his head and nodded. "Alright everyone, let's head out! Make it quick, don't waste a second of time." People flooded the doorway, your father turned to you one last time. "We'll talk later."

You rushed outside into the cold, damp weather. Clara quickly brought your horse over to you. The hood covering her face couldn't hide the worried expression she wore. "Stay safe, watch out for your ankle." She quickly helped you up, patting your horse. Before she ran off, you called out for her. "Wait!", you yelled. She stopped her tracks, her body turning towards you. "Get some rest. Please... Come to Golden Cave once you get enough rest." She pulled off the hood, nodding. With that, you left home , making your way down the long dirt path that you always took. The hooves of all the horses trotting echoes throughout the neighborhood.

You finally caught up to your father. You noticed something was off. It was too quiet. There wasn't an annoying, cocky guy that was always in your ear telling you stuff. That sadistic guy who loved nothing but making your life hell. "Father?" He his eyes were on the road, but you could tell he was listening. "Where's Henry?" His expression lightened up but it quickly turned into a confused one. "He's nowhere to be seen. I thought you knew?" You shook your head. "No," you started, "I haven't seen him in a couple of days."