Gullible

Your smile slowly faded.

What the hell did he mean "Why?"

You looked at him, utterly confused. Is he joking right now? There's literally no way he's serious right now. He's out of his fucking mind, you thought. You scoffed. "Seriously?" He was silent. "Oh you're serious?" You'll never forget the look on his face. Those piercings eyes that looked hateful almost.

He didn't say it back.

He kept the same expression all throughout.

It scared you in a way.

He got up.

"I can't do this right now."

He stormed off. Your eyebrows furrowed. The fuck was that about?

You scoffed, getting up. A whirlwind of emotions overtook you. You were deeply pissed, but also sad and confused. The little globe held in your hands continued to glow, illuminating the sadness in your face. You slowly walked back to the stalls to get your horse.

You reach your home, knocking. Clara opened the door. Clara's smiled faded as the young woman brushed passed her and ran up to her room. Did something happen?, she thought. "Y/N? Y/N!" The housekeeper rushed up the staircase before the young woman locked the door behind her. "Calm down! What happened?"

"Nothing.", she managed to croak out in a weak voice. It was obvious she was trying not to start crying on the spot. Clara sat down at the corner of her bed. She noticed the little globe in her palms. "What's that? Did he give you that?" The young woman slowly nodded. "He made it for me. He gave it to me before making me feel awful."

"Don't worry about it too much. Don't cry over a man who's in the lowest social class."

"But you don't understand.. I really loved him." Clara placed her hands on your shoudlers. "Somethings..
Just aren't meant to be. Y/N.. You need to understand that." You stared at her, your face was a flushed mess as tears started to stream down your eyes. "I just wish this was something that was meant to be..."

"Get some rest, okay? I'm sure you'll be fine tomorrow. Here, let me help you." Clara helped you get the breathtaking (literally) corset off, and assisted you into changing into something more comfortable for sleep. She ran to the door. "I'll leave you alone now. Goodnight, Y/N."

"Goodnight.."

You glanced over at the globe one last time. Taking it in between your palms, it really was the best gift you could receive. A gift from the worst type of person you could ever receive it from. The embodiment of....

Greed.

You placed the globe on your vanity and went to sleep. Hopefully you'd forget about the whole thing in the morning, complete erase him from your memory, but around this time.. A man was busy writing a letter back in Wowdoole.