Chapter 18: Coincidence

Start from the beginning

"Ehh,that nuh sound bad. But weh man like you come from wid house warming party ano your style that?" I questioned suspiciously.

Mi know Jason from college days and mi know fi a fact seh him neva come up wid this idea on him own.

"Just cool nuh man,a wah me cah come up wid stuff too,cah change mi life?" He laughed on the other end.

"Never say never inno mi boss."

"A joke mi a mek man a mi girlfriend idea,seh she wah meet the people dem weh mi a par wid a day time so this is her opportunity." He beamed.

Girlfriend.

"Never know seh man like you coulda sekkle down."

"Dawg mi either, but she worth it and mi ago do everything inna my power fi make sure seh mi nuh fuck it up." He said proudly on the other end of the phone.

"Anyways cah wait fi meet her,I'll definitely be there,just send the Addy and mi fawud."

"Alright mi boss." He said before hanging up.

"Holy fuckk!" Lindsay screamed out as she stood infront of me in shook.

She finally find it.

"Mr Hudson I can't accept this." She cried shaking her head.

"Well mi cah take it back so either yuh sell it or give it away." I shrugged looking at her.

"Sir I don't know how I could ever thank you enough for this."

"You already did,for the past 2 years you have been partially raising my son,you have done more than enough and trust me you deserve more because Tay isn't easy." I laughed as I said the last part.

"He is not." She laughed looking at the keys in her hand.

Watching her excitement, I got up and walked to the door.

"Where are you going?" She questioned standing there looking at me.

"Yuh nuh wah see yuh now car?" I asked as I walked out the front door leaving it open for her to follow.

As I walked to the side of the house I stood there and admired the vehicle infront of me as I waited for her to catch up.

"I can't accept this,I just can't." I hear Lindsay say from behind me.

"It's rude to decline a gift."

"I know but it's just too much,how did you even get it here. I've been here all day and I didn't see the gate open." She said walking around the car.

"I have my ways."

"This is really mine?" She asked one last time looking at me.

"All yours, the registration documents are in the glove compartment." I sighed getting annoyed with her asking me the same question.