Chapter 12: Nightcap

Nars Walters|25

"OK he'll be home soon so I'll add the garnish then

"OK he'll be home soon so I'll add the garnish then." I mumbled adding the finishing touches to our dinner.

This morning Jason said that he wanted steak so after he left I took the liberty of going to the supermarket to buy it and some other stuff. And mek mi tell you the 5 likkle things dem weh mi take up come to 13 thousand dollars. Just the thought of it made me regret even buying them.

"Fi a broke gyal yuh have money a spend though." I said aloud.

I make roughly 90 thousand a month and my rent is 45,which is half of it. My light and water bill don't come to a lot since a me one live and I don't pay for internet,the apartment complex provides that.

Other from those I don't have any big expenses and I don't go out most of the time,so the remaining money goes to food and transportation for work,and the mandatory funds that I send back to my family every time my father calls.

Speaking of which from mi send the money go give him,him not even seh thanks but it's all good. Watch me and him next time.

As I walked around the kitchen I looked at the food that I prepared earlier, it's definitely gonna be cold by time him reach,but mi have microwave suh we good.

After that I moved to living room area and sat down. As I did,I looked up at the wall clock and it was currently 7:30. The last time I called him it was around 5 I guess the traffic is hectic today,but I wouldn't expect it not to be,it's Saturday and we are in Kingston.

Feeling around for the remote,I grabbed it and turned on the TV to pass time.

"Look like the real house wives have a new season." I mumbled clicking on it. And in a matter of minutes while watching it I fell asleep.

Boom! Boom! Boom!

"Fuck." I woke up startled.

Rubbing my eyes and groaning,I got up and went over to the door.

"Nars let mi in nuh." Jason shouted outside.

"Mi a come." I murmured opening it.

"How yuh take suh long fi answer, yuh mek mi all a fret think seh something do yuh." He walked in quickly closing the door behind him.

"I feel asleep." I said moving to curl back up in the settee.

"Oh sorry fi wake yuh,but mi nave nuh key in case yuh figet." He said emphasizing the KEY to point out the fact that he doesn't have one.

"Jason just go bathe so mi can eat mi dinner." I mumbled closing my eyes.

"Alright miss miserable."

A while after he left I got up and went over to the kitchen to heat up our dinner. While that was happening, I took two wine glasses from my cupboard and a glass of wine from the wine holder.