CHAPTER 34! cherry could feel how his heart pounded against his rib cage

Începe de la început

thalia looked at the castle and shivered. "you're right. i wonder what he found here that made him send the distress call."

"nothing good." percy guessed.

cherry shoved the double oak doors open.

the castle was huge, and dark.

"ooh." cherry admired.

the doors slammed beside them.

loud dance music came from the other end of the hall.

like, early 2000's party music.

cherry grinned.

suddenly, a man and woman marched out of the shadows to intercept them.

they both had short gray hair and black military-style uniforms with red trim.

"well?" the woman demanded. "what are you doing here?"

"uhm.." percy trailed off. "ma'am, we're just-"

"ha!" the man snapped, which made percy jump. "visitors are not allowed at the dance! you shall be ejected!"

he kinda sounded french.

thalia stepped forward, and snapped her fingers.

"oh, but we're not visitors, sir. thalia said. "we go to school here. you remember. i'm thalia. and this is cherry, annabeth and percy. we're in the eighth grade."

the male teacher narrowed his two-colored eyes.

cherry stayed calm, and percy looked at the two adults.

annabeth subconsciously leaned toward cherry, who leaned back.

"ms. gottschalk, do you know these students?" the man asked.

percy bit back laughter.

cherry slapped his arm, but he couldn't stop.

he turned around, trying to calm himself, as he maintained eye contact with cherry.

"yes. i believe i do, sir." the woman trailed off, and frowned. "cherry. annabeth. thalia. percy. what are you doing away from the gymnasium?"

loud footsteps trotted up behind her.

"you made it! you-" grover began, and stopped. "oh, mrs. gottschalk. dr. thorn! i, uh-"

"what is it, mr. underwood?" the man glared. "what do
you mean, they made it? these students live here."

grover swallowed. "yes, sir. of course, dr. thorn. i just meant, i'm so glad they made.. the punch for the dance! the punch is great. and they made it!"

dr. thorn glared at the kids. "yes, the punch is excellent. now run along, all of you. you are not to leave the gymnasium again!"

the children nodded, and went on their way to the other end of the hall.

"annie, will you be my date to the dance?" cherry asked, with a grin.

annabeth returned the smile. "of course."

percy and thalia trailed behind them.

they spoke about the weird snap thalia had done. she had warped the mist. percy was a little jealous that chiron had showed her and not him.

grover paused outside the door.

"that was close!" grover said. "thank the gods you got here!"

"i missed you!" cherry was quick to tackle griver into a hug.

annabeth and thalia had already received one, too.

annabeth had been quick to hug back, and thalia awkwardly patted her back.