CHAPTER 34! cherry could feel how his heart pounded against his rib cage

Start from the beginning

but, this time, seeing them came early.

percy had texted cherry, and told her grover was in trouble.

him and his mother picked cherry up from the airport a couple hours later.

percy had exited the car the second he'd spotted the familiar redhead. 

"percy!" cherry had greeted, and wrapped her arms around him.

she pulled away.

her eyes met his, and he smiled at her. "hi, cher."

a loud honk came from the car.

"we're gonna be late!" the woman called out to them. "hi, dear."

"hi, ms. jackson!" cherry greeted, and entered the backseat.

percy entered with her, despite all of his belongings being in the front.

percy also had to defend cherry from his mother, clearing her name. sally understood that the girl wasn't to blame because of her fathers actions.

sally also picked up annabeth and thalia on the way.

for a solid eight hours, cherry talked and talked. sally told her a bunch of embarrassing stories about percy, which made percy cover his ears for half of the ride.

finally, the car stopped outside of westover hall.

thalia wiped the fog off the car window and peered outside. "oh, yeah. this'll be fun."

westover hall looked kind of like cherry's castle, but evil.

"are you sure you don't want me to wait?" sally asked.

"no, thanks, mom." percy shook his head. "i don't know how long it will take. we'll be okay."

"but how will you get back? i'm worried, percy." sally frowned.

"it's okay, ms. jackson." annabeth smiled reassuringly. "we'll keep him out of trouble."

percy seemed embarrass.

cherry's giggles didn't make it any better.

sally trusted annabeth a lot.

"all right, dears." sally smiled. "do you have everything you need?"

"yes, ms. jackson," thalia said. "thanks for the ride."

"extra sweaters? you have my cell phone number?" sally questioned.

"mom-" percy began.

"your ambrosia and nectar, percy? and a golden drachma in case you need to contact camp?" sally interrogated her son.

"oh, i have it." cherry held up her red purse.

"mom, seriously! we'll be fine. come on, guys." percy huffed, and opened the car door.

"don't be mean." cherry glared at him. "thank you for the ride, ms. jackson!"

annabeth and thalia followed the pair outside.

percy's mom drove away.

"your mom is so cool, percy." thalia commented, when the car was gone.

"she's pretty okay." percy admitted. "what about you? you ever get in touch with your mom?"

cherry's eyes widened.

"if that was any of your business, percy-" thalia began, clearly annoyed.

"we'd better get inside," annabeth interrupted. "grover will be waiting."