° Feelings? What are Those? °

Start from the beginning

"Do you think you'll get redeemed?" I asked in a more serious tone. Angel's happy expression fell & he stared off into the distance. "I dunno," he said quietly. "My contract kinda stops me from redemption."

Me too.

"I'm sure everything will be alright," I sat up & put a reassuring hand on his shoulder. I felt bad for ruining the moment. Words kept seeming to fall out of my mouth & I couldn't stop them... Most of them, at least.

"Yeah.." He said softly. "I'm kinda gettin' tired. Gonna head to bed."

"Angel I'm sorry if I upset you," I said sincerely. "It wasn't meant to come across that way." We'd been having such a good time talking & laughing. Of course I had to ruin it.

"It's late anyhow," he avoided my statement. "I'll see ya' tomorrow." I gave a soft smile. He stood up & headed back inside, leaving me all alone. I softly sighed & laid back on the grass. It was so peaceful out here at night. I loved how the sky looked in hell. All I could think about was that night with Alastor, how gentle he was & how he acted so different. I still racked my brain daily trying to understand him.

"It feels familiar, does it not?"

I shot up from the ground, quickly turning to the owner of the voice. "Alastor," his name fell from my lips in barely a whisper. He chuckled softly before sitting on the ground next to me. I'd always been drawn to staring at him, but I couldn't take my eyes off of him this time. In my defense, I wasn't in control of my body anymore. The alcohol was.

"I can never tell if you're frightened to see me or excited," he admitted. We locked eyes & I felt my face heat up. "I can't tell either," I admitted with a small laugh. He leaned closer, his head tilted slightly to the side. "Are you afraid of me?"

"I don't know," I answered quickly. It's like my mouth was moving faster than my brain could process. "Should I be afraid of you?"

Another laugh came from him. "Most are. I'd say you should probably be at least a little afraid."

I looked away from him back to the sky. I was scared of him, but I didn't want to admit it.

"I don't think you're that scary," I said. Shut up. Shut up.

The radio demon made a small 'hm' sound. I closed my eyes, the alcohol had kicked in a while ago but I started feeling dizzy. I ran my hands through the grass trying to ground myself.

"Alastor?"

No response, but I could still feel his presence near me. "You make me feel weird," I couldn't stop myself from saying stupid shit apparently.

He laughed, the radio audience laughing with him. "Weird how?" I couldn't see him but I just knew he was looking at me like I was stupid.

"I don't know," my inner conscience was trying to save my ass. "You make my heart speed up when I see you." and the alcohol made me feel like a fool.

"From fear?"

"No.. it's something else."

Alastor was silent. For a while. For so long that I cracked my eyes open to see if he had left. He hadn't left. He was just staring at me. His grin was a tight smile at this point. I couldn't read his emotions when I was sober, much less now.

"Alastor?" I didn't care if I sounded stupid anymore. I had to get it off my chest before I exploded. My heart was racing.

I sat up & looked at him when he didn't respond. "I.." I sighed, shaking my head. Okay, try again.