'But there are bright lights in the dazzling eyes of beautiful Daisy Bell.'

My team had spread out, making it seem as though they were running away from the scene, but it was obvious that it was not so. I was somewhat confident that Sasuke knew this, but he was too focused on me.

'Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer, do.'

By aiming a couple of shuriken at my head, I was forced to drop down rapidly, unable to escape in time if I flew upward or sideways. He had successfully landed me on the ground, and thus proceeded to rush at me, full-force. I pulled out two kunai and parried. His Sharingan was out and practically spinning with rage.

'I'm half-crazy, all for the love of you.'

I felt as though I was dancing. It had been a while since I'd been engaged in combat with anybody this fast. I spun and blocked, dodged, and then had to escape underground to avoid being burnt to ashes.

'It won't be a stylish marriage...'

It was his turn to dodge my fist, but he had improved drastically over the past years and easily sent an attack back at me. I just had to keep him occupied until my team could move in. I knew that Sakura was most likely teaching them the theory, hand signs, and seals at the moment.

'I can't afford a carriage...'

I recognized the signs for a Fireball Jutsu and retaliated with one of my own, the two of practically equal strength, neither of us budging. Drops of sweat began to bead on my forehead.

'But you'll look so sweet upon the seat of a bicycle built for two.'

With an angry roar, Sasuke's skin began to turn dark, and I bit my lip. The curse mark was coming out. I worked hard to keep my expression light, a bit of a smirk on my lips to match the taunting of the eerie song. Distraction, my mind kept urging me.

He flew at me, and I dodged, swinging out a foot and managing to hit him in the chest. He barely staggered. I flew out of the way of the smoke bomb he'd just launched, and he rose to meet me in mid-air. I had to get him back on the ground.

'I will stand by you, in weal or woe...'

I did a sort of front-flip-and-then-kick thing, attempting to land a hit from above his head, but his hand shot out and he grabbed my ankle, hurling me backwards several meters. I wasn't used to fighting someone who could also fly.

'Daisy, Daisy...'

'You need my help, I suppose,' Amaterasu drawled, as though bored. 'Regardless of whether or not you feel this is your fight for your disciple, if this goes on any longer, you could even get defeated.'

'You'll be the bell that I'll ring, you know...'

Drawing on her chakra, slightly reluctantly, I shot a beam of electricity at Sasuke, who dodged it. Having figured that this would be his route, I took the advantage and shot at him, but his Sharingan saw it coming. He sliced at me with his katana.

'Sweet Daisy Bell.'

I dodged it neatly and flew right past him, my back straining as I made a nearly-impossibly neat turn around him. Spotting the origin of his curse mark, still in the same spot as it had been, I slammed my palm onto it, rapidly pushing my chakra into that one spot in an effort to drive out Orochimaru's. It began to recede.

'You'll have the lead in each trip we take...'

He turned on me, rather angrily, and I was too close to avoid a blow. But just before the blade came into contact with my torso, Amaterasu and I switched places, and she stopped it easily with just one hand.

'But if I don't do well...'

Funny thing: Amaterasu doesn't fly very well.

'I will permit you to use the brake...'

Hanging onto Sasuke, she basically dragged him and his failing curse-mark body down to the ground. They/We landed hard on the ground, but I suspected that he was in much more pain.

'My beautiful Daisy Bell.'

Staggering to his feet, he looked Amaterasu right in the eye, but Amaterasu just smiled at him, before hopping out of the way of the trap seal that my team had set up. In an instant, Sasuke was enclosed in a ring of purple.

'Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer, do.'

Amaterasu let her presence disappear once more into the depths of my body, and I resurfaced, making sure I had a smile on my face as I faced him. But inside, I was arguing desperately with myself. Now what? The way things were now, it was only a stalemate.

'I'm half-crazy, all for the love of you.'

My team was watching me, awaiting my orders. But before I could make up my mind one way or another, I saw his hands slowly coming together.

'It won't be a stylish marriage...'

I would just let it happen. I wouldn't stop it, because this way, my choice was made for me.

'I can't afford a carriage...'

God, was I such a coward.

'But you'll look so sweet on the seat of a bicycle built for two...'

Sasuke disappeared from within the seal, to the surprise of my teammates. I stalked over to where Deidara lay still and sealed his body into a scroll, shoving it into my backpack. Part of my mind wondered where Sasuke had disappeared off to.

"... my beautiful Daisy Bell..."