𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟗

Start bij het begin

Asher's gaze lingered on Damian's face for a moment before he tore his eyes away, focusing instead on the outfit Damian presented. "Hmm, not bad," he mused, running a hand through his hair as he assessed the ensemble. "But I think we can do better."

Damian raised an eyebrow, "Oh," he looks back at the outfit. "How?"

"Simple," he replied, reaching for sweatpants that matched the colour of the hoodie "We go for the same shade, and make sure they've got pockets. Can't have you walking around without somewhere to put your phone, can we?"

Damian grinned, nodding in agreement as he swapped out the black pants for the ones Asher had chosen. "Good call," he admitted, admiring the new combination. "Let's give these a try." With that, he headed towards the fitting room, eager to see the final result.

As Damian continued to try on different combinations in the fitting room, Asher remained outside, his gaze wandering idly around the store. But his attention was soon drawn to a figure standing near the entrance—a man with brown hair peeking out from under his ballcap, his face concealed behind a mask.

Instinctively, Asher's eyes narrowed as he recognized the familiar figure. It was the same man who made Damian go through all sorts of horrible things, the one who had caused so much trouble. Sensing Asher's gaze, the man quickly averted his eyes, pretending to be engrossed in his phone.

Asher's jaw clenched with determination as he watched the man, his mind racing with thoughts of how to handle the situation. He couldn't allow this man to threaten Damian any longer.

With a determined expression, Asher stepped forward, his eyes fixed on the man's retreating form. It was time to confront the threat head-on and put an end to this once and for all.

As Damian emerged from the fitting room, his expression caught between excitement over the new outfit and anxiety at the thought of Asher leaving him alone. Sensing Damian's unease, Asher paused in his tracks, his resolve momentarily faltering as he turned back to his friend.

Though his instincts urged him to confront the threat head-on, he knew that Damian's well-being came first.

With a reassuring smile, Asher closed the distance between them, his hand coming to rest on Damian's shoulder in a comforting gesture. "Hey, I'm not going anywhere," he reassured softly, his gaze meeting Damian's with unwavering sincerity. "I'll always be here for you, no matter what."

Damian's tense shoulders relaxed slightly at Asher's words, a small smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "Thanks," he murmured gratefully, his gaze reflecting a mixture of relief and gratitude. "Anyways, how this one? I changed it up, I think the green matches with these pants."

Asher took his time checking Damian out, then nodded, "It does actually."

As they started leaving the mall, Asher remained vigilant, keeping a watchful eye on their surroundings while silently vowing to protect Damian at all costs. The man was nowhere to be seen. 

---

Pierce stood at a distance, concealed within the bustling crowd of the mall, his gaze trained intently on Damian and Asher as they moved from store to store. Despite his best efforts to remain inconspicuous, a sense of frustration gnawed at him, his plans thwarted time and time again by Asher's unwavering presence.

As he observed the pair, a simmering anger bubbled within him, his frustration mounting with each passing moment. Damian was meant to be his, a prize to be claimed, yet Asher's protective shadow loomed over him like an impenetrable barrier.

With a clenched jaw, Pierce resisted the urge to confront them then and there, knowing that any attempt would only end in failure. He needed to bide his time, to wait for the perfect opportunity to strike when Asher least expected it.