CHAPTER THREE

"I am glad you brought Shiv here. I missed him," Diya told Aryan. 

"He missed you too." 

Chandra heard them talking. He was in the kitchen, pouring water into two glasses. His eyes lifted and peered across into the living room. The cartoon, Tom and Jerry was playing on the TV for Shivam who was sitting beside his grandmother on the couch. Chandra was unable to see them as the couch's back was facing him. While he could see Aryan's side who was sitting on a single-arm sofa.

The eyes of Chandra stayed on Aryan. He had known for almost a week that he was married to—a man with whom he had a child. But now looking at them, it felt surreal. It is real and it is actually real that he is married and has a little boy. He had a strange feeling in his heart. But it was not terrible whatever he was feeling at that moment. 

When Aryan glanced back at him, Chandra didn't look away but smiled at him. However, the man retrieves his gaze. Chandra understood the original owner had done too much damage to just repair by a smile, and get him forgiveness from Aryan easily.

Chandra put the bottle back on the counter after filling the glasses and then his gaze tilted sideway to the little boy, who he didn't know when came standing in the kitchen and staring at him. Chandra didn't know he could like children until his elder sister gave birth to her two children. They were monsters but adorable monsters who would be calling him uncle. And the thought wretched him that he would never be able to see them again. 

Now this little guy was his son and Chandra was his mother. As he looked at the little guy, he had to say that he was the cutest boy he'd ever seen. Anyone could tell by just one look that he had taken after his father. 

Chandra took a glass of water and approached the little guy. Crouching down in front of the little guy, he asked him with a smile, "Bachha, are you thirsty?

Shivam didn't say anything and took the glass that his mother handed him. He drank the water and simultaneously his eyes were peering over the rim of the glass and staring at his mother who had a smile on his lips. His mother never looked at him like this ever. . . kindly. Although his mother never said anything to him. His father told him that his mother was busy with his studies and that's why he didn't live with them. Shivam was only allowed to meet his mother once a month, and he never bothered his mother with unnecessary questions. But when his classmate told him that his mother was also studying and lived with them as well, unlike Shivam's mother. He thought that his mother didn't like him, that's why he lived away from his father and him. But when he had asked his father about it, he told him that no one could ever hate Shivam as he was the best kid. His father is a liar. It's not like his belief was confirmed by the words of his classmate. It was his mother who never looked at this way. . .. kind way. Shivam knew that his mother didn't like him. Everyone in the family adored him and loved him but not his mother. He often looked forward to seeing his mother. He thought that one day, his mother would like him if he behaved like a good boy, he would come to live with them. And he wanted his mother to look at him and love him like the other mothers of his classmates.

When his maternal grandmother phoned home yesterday, she told him to come and meet her at his mother's house. But there were still two weeks until he met his mother, so he couldn't come to see her before that time. But his grandmother told him that his mother had been hurt a little, and it would make him feel better if he came. So, right after school, he came to see his mother with his father.

Shivam gave him back the glass. Grasping the glass back, Chandra asked, "Are you hungry?"

The little boy shook his head.

"Then do you want something else?"

The little boy shook his head again. He searched for something on Chandra's face, he didn't cotton on.