131

Lisa

I was exactly where I needed to be, in all aspects of my life: stepping into new beginnings.

My skin vibrated from the deafening roars around me and the crackle of fireworks overhead. A rush of adrenaline surged through my veins under the roar of two B-52s. The new leather gloves clutching my fingers cracked around my knuckles. I tasted the excitement in the air and absorbed the waves of pride and glory radiating off my teammates.

Coach's pre-game speech cantered around redemption, capitalising on every opportunity whether it was first-time rookies, repeat regulars, or second-chance redemptions. His eyes never met mine, but he directed his words about the pressure to perform at all fifty-three of us dressed for today.

I welcomed the weight on my shoulders. Both of them. Once my shoulder was cleared, the floodgates of my life opened up. Swells of pre-season success washed over my off-season failures. The receding tides of tonight's game opener swept all the bullshit away. Houston appreciated the lower salary I accepted to stay here for the rest of my career.

A new season forgot my past, aside from media highlight reels and coverage. A clean, wiped slate was how the harsh, and unforgiving sport of professional football worked.

I'd never been more grateful for another round of it.

I was also grateful for the guests in my suite. One, in particular, looked beyond amazing in her dressed-down Houston colours. The edge of my jersey creeping up my girlfriend's ass when she turned grabbed my attention as much as those long legs in black leggings. My number twenty-seven on her chest twisted my stomach.

The Houston hat with her ponytail out the back was intentional. Me wrapping my fist around it, angling her chin up to the ceiling, and fucking her before I left, also intentional.

She made me crazy. Her thighs in my palms, my hips slotted against hers, her breasts smashed in my chest, and my tongue circling and gliding over hers were my new personal drug. Every squeeze of her orgasms around me was a hit, and I couldn't get enough.