61

Lisa

"Thanks." I accepted the block Diana offered me. The pads of her fingers skimmed over my knuckles and continued contact as they trailed up my forearm. With soft strokes, she rubbed trace lines over my veins. Her touch made me want to shower off the crawling sensation.

With big brown eyes, brunette extensions, and an exotic dancer's body, she was a beautiful girl. She was talented at yoga, flexible, and confident. Her persistence put her as the front runner for those who showed me the most attention in all eight of Jennie's classes. I was no stranger to looks, touches, numbers, and solicitations, but they became bolder the more I attracted.

Doubt she knows I need the block to avoid squishing my balls. The thought made me smile. Jennie's advice to make sure the nuts stayed below the bolt, in her words, worked. An extra-extra-extra-large bolt, for the record. Other than preserving my family jewels, my priority was my shoulder. Pre-season camp started in five weeks. My shallow flirting, which I considered successful given the smoking volcano Jennie became whenever I pulled out the charm, dissolved under work mode. "Diana, can I talk to you?"

The way her eyes lit up almost made me feel sorry for what I needed to tell her. With my palm braced on the back wall, I looked straight into the hope swimming in her eyes and drowned it.

"I'm not interested in you."

There was no point in leading her on. I wasn't here for a girlfriend or a quick fuck. My shoulder. I was here for my shoulder. Shoulder.

My words struck her still, then her face morphed into a grimace. "Not even..."

"Not even." I wasn't going to entertain the rest of that sentence. A better person would've apologised, and a selfish person indulged, but I wasn't sorry for not reciprocating interest or leading someone to believe that I was. Even as dry as my dick had been since Kendall left, I couldn't. I could, but I didn't want to.

My hand though... fuck, I was surprised it wasn't locked up in a claw position. Teasing Jennie had that effect. The spark of a challenge in her eyes was enough to make my dick ache. Fuck, her breasts cradled between her arms in prep for her golf swing was enough.

This one in person though... not a flicker of interest. Diana's hair whipped over her shoulder with how fast she turned. Those brown eyes turned to ice and narrowed when Jennie unhooked her phone from the stereo. "What's she got that I don't!?"

Her accusation froze me on my mat. With no hesitation, I offered the brutal truth, "I don't know."

Wherever I walked, from the parking lot to the bathroom to my mat, desperate women followed. If I wasn't so indifferent to their efforts to catch my attention, then I would've found it annoying. Despite no longer flirting and turning down one lunch or phone number after another, Jennie's clenched teeth, fiery death glares, and squeaky rubber shoe stomps continued.

I was surprised when she let me attend her Thursday night class, but I arrived early to make sure she meant it. Fine, I arrived early to see her. I might've rehearsed a few teasing lines on the drive over. Honestly, I wanted to see how she would react if I paid her a compliment. Probably kicked me in the balls.

Those teasing thoughts evaporated when I entered the room. Her mat was set up and soft music played while six men meditated on theirs. One wore an eye patch, and another had an artificial arm out of his tank top.

What the...?