3

"ASSHOLE

"ASSHOLE." She thought.
Agent was the first one to do it. To apologize. She was waiting for it deep down, but now the time had come, and she realized she wasn't ready to forgive him.

She originally had it all planned out in her head. That she'd tell him off, he'd beg for her forgiveness, and she'd cut him off for good. But now she found herself packing her bags to go to his home. If you had told her this a week prior, she would've thought you were insane.

It'd been a few days since the wager and his apology, and she'd told him that she appreciated what he had to say and that she'd consider going on his stream later on. They'd talked it over and agreed that she'd stay in a hotel for around a week and he and his friends could show her around the city. She was thankful that he had roommates because no doubt things would be awkward between the two, so at least she wasn't going to be with him alone.

She knew of most of the other AMP members but had only actually conversed with Kai sometime in the past, not enough for them to be considered friends though. She was partially anxious to meet the crew. If one of them didn't like her then it would pretty much be game over, considering they moved as a team. She wondered if Agent had told them about her; and if so,

What did he say?

TO SAY AGENT WAS STRESSED WOULD BE AN UNDERSTATEMENT

As soon as Julie had accepted his offer, he'd made a point to deep clean his room and make everything more presentable. Duke sat on Agents' bean bag chair and watched him sweep the same spot for the third time in the last twenty minutes. He wasn't a dirty person in the slightest, it was honestly all just clutter, but he had to busy himself with something before his nerves got the best of him.

When he originally invited the girl to Atlanta, he didn't necessarily have a plan. He just saw an opportunity that he felt he would never be able to attain again and went for it without a second thought. When he informed his friends that he would be inviting an "old friend" over, they didn't think much of it. That was until they realized that she was a woman.

"Okay, I see you, Agent!" Duke had exclaimed. "It's not like that," Agent started in a flat tone. "It's strictly for business, I asked her on stream."
"So...you're flying an 'old friend' out" Duke started, putting air quotes around the term 'old friend',
"...showing her around the city...AND paying for her a hotel...for business. Right."

Duke didn't know the girl, but he knew Agent, and he knew that was wasn't going to just fly anyone out. To be honest, he didn't think he'd see the day when Agent would actually bring a woman to the AMP house because of how career-oriented he was, so he knew whoever this 'Julie' person was had to be someone special.

"I'm not even flying her out," Agent explained. "She insisted on paying for her own room and flight, even though I told her she wouldn't owe me anything."

Julie was always independent like that, she hated owing people something. She was never the type to ask for help, even if she really really needed it. He assumed that was one of the many things about her that never changed over the years. He wondered if it was all a mistake though. If her actions hadn't changed, why would it be okay for him to assume her feelings toward him didn't? It was very possible she would go down there, cuss him out, and leave, never to be seen by him again. The worst part of it all, he wouldn't even be able to be upset about it.

"What's your relationship with her anyway?" Duke questioned. "How long have you known her?" Agent thought about the question before answering. He never saw any reason to lie to his friends, especially the ones he put a lot of trust in. But if he answered the one question, it would come with even more questions that would be hard to answer. Besides, he recalled that Julie hated people knowing her business. He guessed that was an extension of the independent thing. Sympathy was the last thing she usually wanted. It wasn't only that though. He knew that he'd messed up with her in the past, and didn't feel comfortable sharing what went down until they'd somehow resolved the situation.

But maybe Duke could share some insight? It wouldn't hurt to tell just one person, and he knew that Duke wouldn't judge him or keep a secret.

Right?

"I-" Agent started before he was interrupted by his room door being open.
"Damn, it smells like straight-up bleach in here!" Kai called out loudly. "You cleanin' up for the 'huzz', Agent?

"Apparently it's 'not like that'," Duke explained. "He sayin' it's strictly for business." He said, mocking Agents' tone.

"CAP!" Kai argued. "It's no way you bringing that tough ass girl here and you not gon' try nothing."

"Dude, I've literally been celibate for over a year." Agent argued back. It was true, since his last relationship, he hadn't been with any other girl. He wasn't the type to throw himself around like that and resisted temptation.

"Bro," Kai started. "That's even more of a reason for you to be talkin' to her. I believe you on that celibate shit, but you ain't foolin' nobody!"

Agent started to get a bit irritated. Not with Kai, but he wondered if Julie thought the same of him. What if she thought he wanted to just hook up with her, and that's why she was so taken aback by his offer? Even though Kai was just joking around, it opened a new perspective on things, one he didn't like. He needed her to know that he wasn't a bad guy, and had no ill intentions, at all.

He assumed apology made it clear he was just trying to be cordial, but did it come off as an afterthought?

"You know we just jokin' Agent," Duke reassured him. "But be honest bro. Do you like this girl more than you lettin' on?"

"She doesn't like me like that dude, trust." Agent said. "We just...haven't talked in a bit and we're looking to reconnect. That's all it is and all it ever will be." he asserted, coming off a bit more aggravated than he meant it to be. If it were anyone else he wouldn't have minded the banter, but it was Julie.

Kai and Duke shared a knowing glance before Kai spoke up again.

"You didn't answer the question bro."

"...What?" Agent asked, genuinely confused at what the shorter man was saying. He'd literally just said his response. Were they messing with him?

"You said that she doesn't like you like that," Duke noted.

"...But do you like her Agent?"

_________________________________
Hey y'all...its been a minute... DONT JUMP ME!

I had NO IDEA how to write this part because unlike the rest of the story, I DIDNT PLAN IT OUT 🙃

I was also just feeling kinda lazy but not too much..

Next chapter gotta be longer, y'all deserve it ig 🙄

ANOTHER THING! These chapters been a lil too agent-centric for my liking. I gotta tell y'all more an Julieee 😩

- K
aka DYIN2LIVE