4

Agent bounces his leg as he waits for Julie at the airport a week later. He originally was going to send Caleb to pick her up, but decided that it wouldn't be a good idea to have her be picked up by someone she considered a stranger, especially since she'd never been in the area before.

But at this point, wasn't he also a stranger?

He wasn't sure what to expect. Part of him wouldn't be surprised if she hadn't shown up at all, and he wouldn't even be able to be mad at her for it. The plane was set to land at 10:30 AM, and it was currently 11:00. His doubts quickly stopped as he recognized a face he could never forget, seemingly going back and forth with someone who worked for the airline. She looked the same, but so different at the same time. She'd matured since the years had passed, but held the same expression she used to hold when they were in school together; furrowed brows with a slight frown, looking agitated as ever. At least that's what she looked like when she would talk to him, anyway.

Agent approached the two and listened for the problem as soon as he was in earshot.

"How are my bags missing, I carried them on with me?" Julie exclaimed. She'd fallen asleep on the plane, and when she awoke, all of her carry-on luggage had been gone, presumably stolen. "You're telling me nobody saw anything? That's bullshit!"

"Ma'am, I can call my boss and see what we can do about reimbursing you for your items, but everything else is completely out of my hands." The employee stated.

Julie was about to say something in rebuttal, but a man approaching them caught her eye. The man had dreads covered by a fitted cap and was wearing an all-black hoodie with sweatpants to match. He had dark circles around his eyes, but was without a doubt handsome.

"Din?" Julie asked, though she knew it was him immediately. "Hey, Julie...long time no see?" Agent said awkwardly. There was obvious tension between the two, apparently more than the poor employee could handle.

"Erm—Here's a card with my boss's number on it," she handed Julie a business card. "I'll give him your name and he'll do what he can for you." She speed-walked away before Julie could say anything else, though she was no longer thinking about her lost luggage.

___________________________________

The car ride to the AMP house was silent as ever. Neither of the two built up the courage to say anything until they were pulling into the driveway of the large mansion. "This is a beautiful home..." Julie acknowledged out loud. Her voice cut through the silence and tension like a knife. Agent almost flinched at the sound. "Oh, yeah!" He said as he brought himself back to reality. "Me and the guys were really stoked when we were picking it out, as soon as we saw it, we knew it was the one. I told them about you by the way—that you're coming over, I mean, not about... y'know. Not that I wanted it to be a secret or anything, I just thought—" Agent rambled on. He was hoping she'd say anything to stop him from running his mouth, and thankfully, he got his wish. She lowly laughed, something he hadn't heard from her in...too long.

"I get it, Din," Julie said. "You don't have to worry about setting me off or anything if that's what's going on, I'm over it." She didn't know if she was trying to convince him or herself, but it seemed put put Agents' mind at ease for the moment.

Agent nodded his head at her, not able to come up with a verbal response. If she was over it, he was over it. At least that's what he told himself. He decided it would be in his best interest to not press the situation.

The two got out of the car and approached the front door. Before he could even put the key in the hole, the door swung wide open, and a short man with tattoos, dreads, and a goofy smile was standing on the other side of it.