2 : The senior card

Start from the beginning

So when I was finally old enough to start earning money I took that opportunity, I got a scholarship to Meadow-ridge so that my parents wouldn't have to spend more money and I work in the local diner three times a week.

Ever since I got my job in the diner I have been secretly transferring money every month back to my parents at home so that they would be able to care for themselves and my little brother who just turned ten.

Me : be as unhappy for as long as you want, I'm not stopping.

Mum💕 : we are going to have a talk when you come home.

I turn off my phone and focus back on the road, Gracie and Emma are in the middle of a conversation in the front so I look out the window to occupy myself.

I watch as the trees slowly turn into buildings and the college kids turn into business men crossing the road.

I open the car door to the crisp September air, I take in the sight before me. The stadium of the rink is flowing with people dressed in white and blue representing Meadow-ridge, the other half of them are dressed in Red and Black to represent Pembroke College, our rivals.

It's expected to see so many people at a Sharks vs Panthers game, even though the game is on our turf everyone comes out for the first game of the season especially when it's against rivals with a long history.

Gracie holds my hand as we navigate our way through the crowd finding our seats next to the boards. To Gracie and Emma these seats wouldn't shock them one bit since they have got special treatment from their boyfriends but to me these seats are insane, they cost a lot of fucking money if you were to buy them normally and they have the best view.

I take a quick snap of the seats to send to my dad later before settling down, I tug my sweatshirt closer to me as I feel the flush of the cold from the rink start to effect me.

I look up to the seats behind us making sure that Jax isn't here - which he probably is -.

"It's nice to see you at a game again Lizzie" Emma says from next to me, tilting her popcorn offering me some.

"Gracie pulled the senior card" I say rolling my eyes and grabbing a handful of popcorn.

"Shhhh it's starting" Gracie hushes us as the lights start to dim and players start stepping onto the rink.

The Meadow-ridge players line up first so I stand up cheering along with Gracie and Emma - pretty sure Gracie would've killed me if I didn't stand - .

We sit down shortly after when the Pembroke players start entering the ice, the cheers are similar, but not being bias or anything but we probably won.

"ANDDD THE CAPTAINS OF BOTH TEAMS.."
"FROM PEMBROKE PANTHERSS, NUMBER 22 CAPTAIN LUKE BECKETTTTTTT" the announcer shouts as the captain of the panthers Luke Beckett skates forward.

I let myself admire him, his calm manner, strong build and beautiful face, it's no surprise that the captain of their hockey team is hot as fuck. I've interacted with Luke once and that was when he dropped Gracie off at mine when her and Logan had a miscommunication, he was cute and friendly so when I asked around about him a bit more the next day, let's just say I was disappointed.

Never sticks to one girl, eyes on the hockey team and mostly every person I asked would bring up his father. That was one thing the whole entire world was familiar with, I was twelve at the time the article came out accusing the NHL superstar coach Hudson Beckett for beating his son only a year older me, daughter a few years younger and wife. I'm not entirely sure what happened to the journalist who wrote the article but I'm pretty sure she got sued and then paid to never show her face again, he never got brought up about it with the police, life just kept on moving.

The rumours kept on flying around never getting shut down but never being confirmed, Luke Beckett has been an attractive and arrogant guy for his whole life, none of their family has never commented on the story.

I was never disappointed in his past, his childhood rumours never made me think bad of him, If anything it showed me how strong he fucking his physically and mentally. It was about the decisions he was making for the future because the guy I met outside my dorm, face flushed, hair messy, is not the same guy as the one on the ice right now. The guy with a reputation of starting fights and landing in the penalty box, having a new girl pictured by him every night, life of a party.

"AND FROM MEADOWRIDGE, NUMBER 14 CAPTAIN LOGAN WESTTT"

Gracie jumps up and down cheering her boyfriend on from the sidelines as I watch in awe and drifting my thoughts away from the rival captain, I always knew that the two were soulmates from the moment Gracie texted me about how annoying her new roommate was but now, now it seems surreal.

"They are insanely cute" Emma says from next to me, I turn to her nodding in agreement.

Soon after they are announced Gracie settles back into her chair with a bright smile on her face, her body is covered in her boyfriends jersey covering herself from the cold.

"You know Luke Beckett was totally checking you out just now" Gracie says shrugging into me giving me a knowing wink, Emma chokes on her Diet Coke next to me and Gracie gives her a confused look.

"I'm sure it was a puck bunny in the stands behind us" I say trying to cover how much it embarrassingly effects me.

"You're quite hard to miss Lizzie" Gracie says before dropping it.

"If I wasn't head over heels in love with Logan, I would hypothetically say that Luke Beckett is hypothetically so fucking hot" Gracie admits from next to me, I let out a loud laugh causing people to turn and stare at us.

"Hmm" Emma hums in agreement, me and Gracie both snap our heads in Emma's direction as we watch her drool over the rival captain completely ignoring her boyfriend who is waving at her.

Guess I'm not the only one who notices Luke Beckett.

➹♡➷➹♡➷➹♡➷

Hehehe this was so fun to make.

This is some more introduction to our main characters😊

I have so much homework to do this week 😭😭

I got a 80% on my bio test guys, IM SO HAPPY😆