Chapter 4

Ryder Pov

We finally arrived home as Sarah parked the car , our house was a 2 floor apartment which honestly seemed like to much . I never actually saw how the apartment looked and all I was told was that it was the room in the back , Im beyond curious what it looks like .

Once Sarah opened the front door , I could get a better look at the apartment,  the walls were white as were the floors , the furniture was a light cream and there was absolutely no bright colors or dark colours . The living room and kitchen were a mixture of white , beige and other colors similar to it .  The kitchen was very modern and had two ovens and one stove top with a two door platinum fridge , I couldnt make out what else was around because there were boxes everywhere .

" Sarah , hire some helpers to unoack our things , we need it clear in two hours " my mom stated , Sarah nodded and quickly walked out to make some calls . My mom looked at me " passed the kitchen down that hall is a guest bathroom on the right , a study on the left and your bedroom is at the end . Unpack your thing and prepare for guests "

Without another word she walked up the stairs to her room or her personal study , I honestly didnt know . I walked down the narrow hallway , peaking into the bathroom and study to see what it looked like and it was nice if everything was packed . I then went to my room , I opened the door and I couldnt help but smile .

The room was semi circle , the flat side was where my door was , another door led to my own bathroom , it also had my huge closet and enough space for a wall mounted Tv and some shelves around it ,  The circular part of the room was 80% windows  with one section of wall where my bed stood against with shelving above  .

I quickly walked to my windows to find that two were actually glass doors and it led to a small balcony with a garden , I sighed in content , this place is beautiful. 

" wow , did she get the master suite or did you ?" A tine voice spoke beside me , I smiled and looked at Red , my kwami " Dont kid yourself , it might look like she spoils me but this is from my own paychecks "

Red chuckled " right , she makes your purchases for you because she doesnt think a kid like yourself knows what he wants "

"Bingo" I replied . I looked around noticing the tall wall that separated my small yard from our neighbors,  I smirked at the thought of the privacy I could get here " you know , since Ill be a crime fighter soon , this area would be a perfect place to come and go..."

Red chuckled " I thought the exact same thing...you know if your mom doesnt look down from her balcony "

I jumped " what ?!" I quickly looked up to see a large balcony above my own , this was my moms room . Sneaking out is going to be much trickier. 

I quickly moved back into my room as Red floated around , looking at the shelves and all my boxes , he hummed " you'd better get started before your sponsors arrive "

I sighed and sat down infront of my boxes " you know Red , I always thought you were just my kwami--"

"But I am your Kwami" Red teased

I chuckled " yes you are , but you are also my motivator "

" I am ?" He smiled while landing on my shoulder , I shrugged " who else is going to make me feel bad for being lazy ?"

Red chuckled " I think you mean Procrastinating "

I rolled my eyes playfully and started unpacking my boxes , putting books on shelves as well as install my gaming system . Red helped with the smaller things and clothing,  we were done with 30 minutes to spare.  I sighed and sat on my bed " man I am exhausted,  Red sighed while laying beside me " me too...who knew you had so many jackets "

" yeah , most of those are gifts , I've actually hardly worn them . Maybe I should donate them...or if I make more friends,  I could give it to them "

Red nodded "sounds good "

After a moment of silence,  a soft knock on the door grabbed my attention,  Sarah spoke from the other side of the door " Ryder ? Your mother said you must get ready for the guests . She also said to "dress like an adult " , please call me if you're having trouble "

I waited for the sound of the footsteps to disappear before Red asked " what does that mean ? Dress like an adult ?"

" she means formal and neat , I have to wear a suit and probably slick my hair back...and take out my earings "

Red sighed " well then...lets get started " he flew into my closet and I heard all sorts of coat hangers being moved before Red came out holding up a bunch of tuxedo jackets " lets see what we can do !"

I chuckled ,  Ive known Red since my dad told me about his miraculous when I was 6 , He is more like a best friend than a magical creature that grants me abilities. 

I stood up and walked to him " alright , lets see what we've got "