Chapter 3

Ryder Pov

Adrien and I sat in his room and just talked , talked about or interests , our very public careers and even what we want to do in the future . Adrien sighed " honestly ....I dont know what I want to be when I grow up "

I hummed " I know what you mean , Ive been an actor for so long already and if I dont want to be one anymore,  Ill have to find something else that I like ....and I dont know what that would be "

To get out of the very depressing topic , I sat upright " Since I'm new to paris , got any suggestions on what would be cool to see or go to ?"

" well the really popular spots like the Louvre and the Eiffel are really crowded during summer and the holidays so its best to go on a regular tuesday or something "

" well thats understandable , Paris is a beautiful city with alot of sights and history . Okay mmm something more , not on the tourism list of destinations?"

Adrien chuckled , he thought for a moment and then got an idea " oh ! My friend Marinette has a family bakery , they bake all kinds of sweet things "

" sweet things ? Now you've got my interest " I smirked and sat forward " Im a big sweet tooth , so where is it and what do they have ?"

"  its located on 12 Rue Gotlib in the 21st arrondissement . Its called Tom and Sabine Boulangerie Patisserie.  They make Croissants. Cupackes , Macarnoons and all other kinds of stuff "

I nodded and pulled out my phone to write it all down , when I was done I smiled " great , Ill see if I can stop by there on the way back maybe . Maybe get something chocolaty "

Adrien smiled back " so uh...are you going to school nearby ?"

" school ? Uh I actually dont know .  My schedule is usually busy when I have to film ...but other times Im mostly free , bored out of my mind in a library or something "

" maybe you can come to school on your days off ?"

" what school ?"

" Collège Françoise Dupont , its a school that my friends and I are attending "

I thought about it for a moment " that actually sounds kinda fun , at least I'll know you so I wont be completely out of place "

Adrien smiled hopeful " and I can introduce you to my best friend Nino "

"Nino ? Whats he like ?"

" Nino is such an amazing guy , he was the first to actually give me a chance , he stands up for me and sometimes stands up to my dad "

" wow , he is brave " I commented

Adrien chuckled " Nino is very enthusiastic and fun , he loves music especially DJ'ing . He can immediately notice when any of us are upset and he tries his best to cheer us up . I think he'd be great friend to you too ."

I smirked " okay Im intrigued,  Ill see if I can convince my mom to let me come "

A knock on the door interrupted us as Nathalie opened the door " excuse me but Ms Meyer is done , she wants to leave "

Is stood " I guess saying 'no' would ruin her day "  I turned to Adrien " it was nice meeting you , I had alot of fun today . "

Adrien smiled back " I also had fun . Oh can I have your number ?"

I smiled "yeah that'll be awesome "

Adrien passed me his phone and I entered my phone number , I saved it as 'Ryder X' and returned his phone , he chuckled at the name " Ryder X ? You sound like a superhero "

I laughed " well that will be a horrible name , my identity would  be so easily figured out "

Adrien laughed in agreement.  I waved goodbye as Nathalie escorted me outside where my mother waited inside the car , I didnt even see Gabriel so I couldn't politely say goodbye either . I climbed into the car and Sarah started the engine,  I looked to my mom who scoffed " you took your sweet time "

" honestly , you could have left me here and I would have found my own way back " I answered with a polite tone . My mom sighed while scrolling on her phone " and have my greatest star kidnapped ? I dont think so "

I sat quietly in the car as it drove off , I then remembered what Adrien told me . I looked to my mom " mom , can I make a pit stop ?"

" what for ?" She eyed me questionably

" I found a bakery nearby that apparently makes the best sweet goods in all of paris " I might have improvised what Adrien told me , but I really wanted a cupcake .

My mom sighed " fine " but the corner of her mouth twitched upward which indicated that she wanted to see the bakery too . I sat forward and gave Sarah the address to the Tom and Sabine Boulangerie Patisserie . Sarah found it on the gps and parked infront of it , well more like its side since it was a corner shop . My mother and I climbed out and entered the store , our senses were immediately hit with the sweet aroma of the bakery .

My mom sighed in delight at the smell , the only other thing we have in common other than our appearance, was our sweet tooth .

We looked around for a bit and every piece looked mouth watering,  my mom walked right up to the counter where two people stood , busy with another batch of Croissants,  sweet looking women with a bob looked up at  us " welcome to our bakery , Im Sabine Cheng and this is my husband Tom Dupin , how may we help you ?"

My mom looked around and then stated " I have a very large order , will you have enough hands to prepare it ?"

The sweet lady and her husband looked dumbstruck , the man quickly recovered " of course !" He turned his head to the back of the shop where a small door led to some stairs " Marinette,  can you and Anya help us quickly ?"

My mom surprisingly waited until two people came down stairs , one had black- blue hair tied into two pixie tails and the other had long brown hair and glasses . The man smiled at them " our client has a big order today and we need your helping hands to prepare them all "

The girl with the pixie tails smiled " of course dad "

She must be the person Adrien mentioned , Marinette.

My mom stood " okay then , I want 30 Croissants,  30 Macarnoons,  50 cupcakes --"

She went on about almost every sweet pastry and the number was never under 20 . The girls scurried around trying to pack everything , the other girl who I assumed was Anya noticed me standing aimlessly looking at the pastry.  " are you another customer?"

" actually Im with the crazy lady and her titan order "  I whispered hoping my mom didnt hear me , behind me I heard a soft chuckle and saw that it was Marinette.  She quickly apologized " sorry .."

I smiled " dont be...thats my mom "

Marinette and Anya smiled , Its reassuring how nice everyone is .

The man who I finally realized was Tom , stopped packing the goods and looked at me " excuse me but you look awfully familiar,  have I seen you before ?"

I didnt know what I shoud say so I looked at my mom  , she sighed and pulled out her wallet " I guess its no secret considering our sponsor even tonight . " she passed Tom her agent card " Im Grace Meyer , and this is my son Ryder Xiao . You probably recognize him from " those who bloom " , its been his most successful movie to date "

Tom gasped with excitement " wow I knew I recognized you ! Oh you are simply spectacular . When you cried in the movie , I felt those emotions like I was feeling them!"

I chuckled uncomfortably " yeah...thats the job..."

Marinette and Anya were surprised " you're an actor ?"

Sabine cane up with the last bag " order is done " , my mom nodded and paid the lady while Sarah collected all the boxes and bags of goodies . " Come , we are already running behind schedule "

She exited first,  I smiled at everyone in the store " right...bye !" I quickly followed my mom into the car .