The surprise

STELLA'S POV :

It was late at night. I was tired. Exhausted. Drained. I have already asked the guards to take the day off. After all, they are also human. I picked up the pizza while on my way back home. I turned on the TV and connected Spotify successfully. I surfed through my mobile and selected my favourite album. Nothing would sound better right now other than the mixed vibe of Sasha and Lana's songs. I go to the kitchen to take the pizza out of the microwave. I know it sucks.... but there couldn't be anything worse than having cold food on cold nights like this. I take my bites slowly after settling down on the couch and start humming to the music. It was almost 11:30 pm. Wine and pizza.

"Ahaha... what a combo", I say to myself.

One glass will be enough for today. I guess.

I relax myself on the couch and allow my mind to drift to the subconscious thoughts.

It's been a week now and still, I don't have a clue about who he is. Neither do I know his name, nor his face. I know none of his characteristics to identify him and yet he? He knows each move of mine. As if he has a camera fitted behind me. Always keep track of each of my movements. And how is he even coming in? Doing all of these...

I push the thoughts away and concentrate on the music. My favourite song starts playing and my body voluntarily responds to the lyrics. I get up from the couch and start singing along with Sasha's voice.
My body starts swaying automatically and I hum along the lines,

"I PUT THE RECORD ON
WAIT TILL I HEAR OUR SONG...."

and immediately stop when a male voice hums the next line,

"EVERY NIGHT I AM DANCING WITH YOUR GHOST"

I immediately froze at the voice realising, it wasn't me, alone, in the drawing room. I knew who it was and still, I froze to my feet. I looked back to find the window was open.

"How could I be so callous? And literally, leave the window open...that too in the middle of the night knowing about the deal I have to make tomorrow? It is one of the biggest deals and still, I am even affording my security to go loose?" I think to myself.

I slowly walk up to the window and look outside. There was no one. The road was empty and dark.  Of course, there won't be any significant presence.  The cold winds were fresh and sent chills down my spine. I stepped back and immediately closed down the window. It was past 12:20 am. I turned off the TV and walked up to my room hoping for no more mishaps. I arrive at the topmost stair and step into the hallway of my room. 

Something still feels off.

I walk up to my room and stand in front of the door. And that's when the real surprise surfaces.