New Arrival

Tahlani's eyes shoot open as she gasps for air. Her hand clutches her chest, trying to calm herself down. 

    She thinks to herself 'Why did I dream of that day? I haven't thought of that day in many years. . .why all of the sudden?'

    "Mother!" She hears two voices call out.

    She groans as she hears her children yell from the forest floor, ones heavy footsteps echoing with the undertone of the other's light taps from the tips of her feet echoing off of the wooden planks of the makeshift stairwell as they climbed into the treehouse.

    The two burst through their mother's curtains, Kaelen's eyes wide like saucers and Kaelani's eyes narrowed and stern with concern. They are her miracle children. Kaelen being the human child that she saved all those years ago, except said boy was no longer human. He is now a just turned 17 years old na'vi boy, from the blue of his skin to the dark purple stripes along his body. Dark raven hair pulled back into a bun with his Tswin swinging below. His tail of similarity to the Omatikaya with a smaller fin at the tip like the Metkayina. His eyes are the same ocean blue as when he was human. The only thing to remind anyone of his past human life is his hands. Five fingers on each, different to Tahlani's own four fingers, or like the true na'vi some people would say. 

    He's a handsome boy, looking just like his mother and familiar to his sister as they both share the same, slightly long but still proportional pointed ears. If others were to see him, they'd say that they were mother and son, almost spitting images of each other.

    Then there's Kaelani, Tahlani's second miracle child and Kaelen's older sister. She's a stunning girl, a jewel of the sea and forest. She's only older by 2 and a half months, but still older, something the two poke fun at each other for. Tahlani found her when she was just a child, having been brought to Tahlani by a palulukan in her travels before she found their island. The child was slipping closer and closer to death, just teetering on the edge. She was a human child as well. A human child that hadn't needed an oxygen mask. Kaelani's small desperate hands clung onto Tahlani's braids with what little strength she had, and Tahlani cuddled it, praying for Eywa not to take someone so small, someone that didn't have the chance to experience life just yet. Her prayers were answered and the child lived, but it was, almost instantly, no longer human. No. Tahlani wanted the girl to breathe their air and swing through trees with them, share memories that only someone like them, a na'vi, could. So, here she is. She's a bit shorter than Kaelen, but still pretty tall in stature. A darker blue butterfly shaped birthmark lays on the side of her hip, usually hidden by her loincloth. Her raven wavy hair is knotted together and let hanging loose, her Tswin also hanging. Her hair itself is under her waist but above the end of her Queue. Her skin and stripe color the same as Omatikaya but with Metkayina shaped patterns. Her lungs like the Metkayina, letting her hold her breath when hunting so as to not get caught by her prey. She shares five fingers with her brother, while having a normal Omatikaya tail. Her eyes the color of sun-kissed skies, which gave her, her name. By almost all accounts she looks like Omatikaya, making her sometimes feel like an outsider with her small family, but one thing she shares with her mother is powers. 

    At first, it was just bringing dead plant back to life. Then it was moving water and air. Her wounds heal a bit faster than the average na'vi something her own mother doesn't have. She doesn't have the extent of her mother's powers, and her eyes don't necessarily change, but she is an exceptional na'vi, like her mother. Tahlani keeps her eyes out, slowly teaching her what she can to not overwhelm her or make her feel pressure. After all, despite being a teenager, Kaelani is still young and shouldn't be worried about that.

    If someone were to see them, they'd say they were definitely family, just more taking after the other parent. When fighting, they were almost carbon copies.

Listen to her 🪼 Avatar: The Way Of WaterOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara