Tahlani's Past

10 years ago. . .

    Everyone stood around the shore line, encircling their young Olo'eyktan and Tsahìk as they stand in the front, eyeing down the young girl before them.

   She's forcibly knelt down, two soldiers holding her arms as she hangs her head down. Her tears fall into the sand below them.

    The blood from the side of her head drips down the side of her face, mixing in with her tears. Her one white strip of hair is now stained crimson red, framing her round face.

    She knows what she did was wrong, and she deserves the harsh punishment from them, but the fact that it's come to this from saving the life of a young child, and her punishment is dealt out by the two Na'vi she loves most, her once best friends Ronal and her mate Tonowari. Even though she is always treated like the plague by others around her, Ronal and Tonowari were always there to make her smile, make her feel loved.

    But now, the looks on their faces only say three things: rage, disappointment, and disgust.

    "Look at me, demon," Ronal growls.

    She slowly lifts her head, her gaze settling on the faces of their three children, no older than 5 and 6 years old, children she cares for almost like they were her own. Aonung stares at her with glassy eyes, trying to hold in his sobs as he hugs his little sister, Tsireya, as she sobs in his arms. Rotxo is sobbing into his hands, trying to wipe the tears as they fall.

    It breaks her heart, seeing the younglings she once cared for crying over her.

    "Look at ME!!"

    She snaps her head towards the Tsahìk, not daring to look away as she approaches her. Her head snaps to the side from the force of Ronal's slap, an instant deep purple handprint now standing out against the light teal of her face. Her head is forced forward again before another blow lands against the same cheek.

    She spits out blood that formed in her mouth, watching as the red splatter is absorbed by the sand. She turns her head once again towards them, her face stoic of emotions, as her eyes are no longer glassed over with tears.

    Tonowari watches as the girl faces them, showing no emotion of any kind, nothing like the sweet girl he once knew. Though Ronal and himself are older by many years than the young child, she is wiser and more mature than people her age, sometimes even more than the adults. But she holds a special place in his heart, as well as his mates. They knew there was an instant connection to the girl when she first came to the clan, asking for help. Her beautiful teal skin, her dark blue stripes from the top of her head to the tips of her toes, that one strip of white hair framed by her raven black waves, and her eyes. . .her eyes were naturally the color of the richest soil in the forest, the darkest of browns with the hint of gold that reflected in the sunshine. But in this very instant, her eyes are the palest of purple, almost translucent compared to the whites of her eyes.

    It broke him knowing what he must do to keep the balance of the clan, but for the fact that she chose to save that child, that THING over her own kind. . .he's disappointed, and anger fills him more than ever. She had committed treason and chosen a side. Now, he must do what he has to do.

    "For the crimes of treason against your own kind, and for endangering the lives of the clan. . .Tahlani, warrior, and healer of the Metkayina. . ."

    He turns his eyes to Ronal's, as she nodded, they both turn their attention back to Tahlani, who hasn't budged one bit from where she kneels. Her eyes bore into their souls, making Tonowari gulp before looking away. Her stare effects Ronal as well, as the woman turns her back, biting her lip as it trembles, holding in her tears.

    He turns to the crowd behind him, making sure he's heard, "Is here by BANISHED from our clan! She is NEVER to return! If she is seen around these waters again, she will be brought here to be executed before Eywa for her crimes! From this day forth, she will be outcast, no longer connected with the clan!"

    Some gasp while others cheer with war cries. Tahlani knows the people do not like her, for she's nothing more than a freak of nature, born of the reef, the forest, and the sky people. But that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt by their reaction. A child who they believe to be cursed by Eywa herself, with her white strip of hair, the weird abilities she has, and her eyes.

    She feels herself being risen back to her feet, the warriors releasing her arms as she stood. For a girl her age, she is quite tall, almost reaching the shoulders of the Tsahìk. She snaps her head to the side as another warrior steps forward, holding the child she had saved only a few days ago. Of course, everyone is disgusted by the young child, only for the fact that it is human. The little child runs towards her and hugs her leg tightly, tears running into the mask held against his face.

    "What do we do with the child?" He asks his Olo'eyktan as they watch the child cling for dear life to it's savior.

    "Chuck it beyond the reef. Eywa will determine if it will survive." Tonowari states.

    The girl looks to the child on her leg and sighs. She knew Eywa gave her a sign when she saved the human, but what is she to do? She herself is only 15 years old, she can't raise a child by herself, can she?

    She snatches the child into her arms before the warriors can grab it, hissing towards anyone who gets too close. "It is just a child! Olo'eyktan! I will take it with me as I leave. That way, you will never see either of us again! But please do not hurt the child." She pleads.

    Ronal and Tonowari look at the determination in her eyes, knowing that she is as stubborn as she is kind. Ronal glances at her mate, who nodded before glancing back at the girl.

    "You will take it and never come back. Your things have been packed. You leave now."

    The girl nods as she turns with the child in her arms to the water, as her skimwing waited with other warriors.

    "Don't worry, I don't plan on ever returning."

    Behind her, she can hear the three younglings cry harder, breaking her heart even more. But she can't turn around, she won't. She would not allow the two who broke her heart to look at her again. She doesn't want to see the hatred in their eyes. Not when she knew what she did was Eywa's will. 

    She breathes out a sigh of relief as she walks to her friend and pats her head in apologies, knowing that she could also never return to the home that she grew up in.

    Placing the child in front of her as she sat behind, making sure her stuff is secure on the back before clicking her tongue, turning the skimwing around towards the ocean, not looking back once to the home she once loved.

    Everyone watches as she swims further away from the shoreline, everyone a mixture of emotions, some questioning if what they did is the right thing or not. But no one is more conflicted than the two who stare after her longingly, watching as she vanishes into the distance. It breaks their hearts that she didn't look back, not even for the children. Ronal gathers the children, ushering them towards their mauri, while Tonowari watches and waits as his warriors return alone, nodding in acknowledgment that it is done.

    She is gone.

Hello! So, this is from the book, but it is needed for Tahlani's past, along with some future chapters. There will be fluff in this story, as well as some smut. I hope that you guys enjoy and I'll see you in the next chapter🪼💖[]~( ̄▽ ̄)~*