Part 9: Hunting

"Prey or predator... one will always die. May it be the prey that the hunter felled or the predator who failed to catch the prey. One will always die in a hunt,"

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

From rotting swamps to abandoned cursed ships, Frost has been to many places in his short lifetime. Not a single one made him feel like how he did now, it was as if a damned tyranid ripper was crawling under his skin.

Places of vice were no stranger to the warbeast but a place like this?

May the emperor stay his hand!

It was taking every fiber in his being not to pull Coal's flamer out to burn this entire building to the ground with it's inhabitants still inside. The only reason why he didn't was for Verosika's sake, even if he had been under her services for close to a week.

Biting his teeth together under his mask Frost went up to the receptionist who was painting her nails while talking to someone over the photo.

"He took a bag with him?"

"Pardon me," Frost's words were either ignored or not heard while the lady kept talking over the phone.

"Girl I don't think he's coming back

"Pardon me, Ma'am," He raised his voice causing the lady to glance over at him and shift at the sudden appearance of Frost's attire.

"Oh... shit," The phone slipped from her shoulder while she stared at him. "C-c-can I help you?"

"Valentino is expecting me for a 'problem'," Frost answered to which she nodded.

"Yes um... what's your name?"

"Frost,"

She nodded then looked at the screen in front of her before turning to the lift behind her.

"34 floor sir Mr. Valentino is expecting you," The rep informed to which Frost nodded thankfully passing the table to enter the lift. "Val's going all out with that psycho,"

Frost glanced over to her, yet something told him that this 'psycho' wasn't referring to him.

For once at least.

He needed not to wait long when the elevator arrived which Frost entered and watched the doors shut as he was lifted higher into the building.

Frost watched the numbers count up every few minutes as he was lifted.

*Bing*

*Bing*

*Bing*

(Long time ago)

"Sevenity seconds lads," Fennec told his brothers while he reloaded his long-las. "Coal cover,"

"On it little brother," Coal stood before the cargo's lift doors with a ripped cover cargo door using it as a massive shield.

"Ram you and Vex will take the side covering Coal's sides. Frost that explosive better be ready because you and I are going for the spire's power coupling," Fennec told the pale warbeast.

"Only a few more ticks and... GOT IT!" Frost held up the rigged Melta charge with additional explosives strapped and wired to the main charge. "Hope the machine spirit would forgive me for this,"