Day 04 (Heart Breaths). Repeat, Again, One More Time.

Day 04. Repeat, Again, One More Time

"These are the records of the generations of Shem, Ham and Japheth, the sons of Noah; and sons were born to them after the flood."

GENESIS 10:1 (New American Standard Bible)

READINGS: Genesis 10-12, Matthew 4

A fresh start. After causing fear, bringing confusion or simply, failing, who doesn't want a fresh start?

I sure would, if that would erase the past, or maybe, if that would mean a second chance.

But fresh starts don't really mean a thing when the heart, the mind, the spirit-the very nature-of the person involved remains exactly, basically, for all intents and purposes, the same.

The human race was given a fresh start through Noah but because of the mistakes of one of his sons, peoples like the Canaanites and the Sodomites flourished.

Humankind was given a beautiful way to kick off the rebuilding of their communities through the sharing of one language but because of humanity's tendency to self-delude themselves, God had to remove such an absolutely wonderful way to communicate and had to confound them in Babel.

Man was given a chance to begin truly getting to know the Lord through John the Baptist, then through Jesus, and finally through His disciples but because of our arrogant pride, our well-guarded hurts and our awful apathy, we still choose to go on with our wretched lives as they are... straight to misery here on earth and eternal damnation after.

Repeat: I want a new heart, O Lord! Please forgive me of my sins. With Your help, from now on, I will turn my back from hurting You again.

Again: Please come into my life and rule over me. Let me experience the joy of Your fellowship once more.

One more time: Let me live as a new person, born again from the womb of Your sacrifice and into the redemption of Your triumph over this world.

A fresh start with a fresh heart, mind and spirit-now that's what I'm talking about! That is what is called: a beginning!

X!X!X!X!X!X!X!X!X!X!X!X!X!X!X!X!X!X!X!X!X!X!X!X!X!X!X!X!X!X!X!X!X!X!

Please fan, comment and vote! And share with your friends and family! Thanks!