𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙇𝙑𝙀

MISTY MEMORIES

╭──────•◈•──────╮Chapter Twelve Memories Return ╰──────•◈•──────╯

╭──────•◈•──────╮
Chapter Twelve
Memories Return
╰──────•◈•──────╯

❝My body will remember that anger that will not leave me until I die.❞

WHEN YOU RAISED YOUR head up, you saw none other than Tang Sanzang standing in front of you with a gentle smile on his face. You didn't understand how he was here, but you were still grateful that you got some company in this void.

"Ah..." You thought, your emotionless eyes not leaving the man's gaze. He kept on smiling at you as if you weren't restrained, "What makes you think that? Nobody knows what the future holds." Tang spoke up again with a gentle voice tone. You were still in denial that this was the real Tang Sanzang, "What’s that? No, wait. Master never said such a thing to me. So who did say it?" You thought as you felt the familiarity of these words, but the Great Monk didn't say those sentences to you. Who said it? That question could only be answered if you regained your memories. You felt like Lady Bone saw keeping on pushing your consciousness further back in your mind, "My vision is getting distorted. I’m dying." You thought again, feeling your eyes dropping slowly.

"You can’t decide for yourself when it’s all over."

"You never told me that."

You tried to keep your gaze on him, but it was getting harder to remain awake. You didn't know for how long you had been trapped here which made it ten times worst. Lady Bone might had even controlled the world and you still trapped in your mind. Tang Sanzang's smile became softer, "I promise you, it will be all right. Don’t give up. Someone will save you for sure." He assured you gently. You hated the fact that you had to let others save you, this wasn't your style... you weren't weak.

"Come on. So I have to leave it to someone else? That’s the worst thing I could do."

The Great Monk was unfazed by your retort, "This is about all anyone can do on their own. That’s why people join forces and work together." He replied again. You mentally sighed and lowered your head, "There’s no one who can save me. Everyone’s weaker than I am. I’m the one who should’ve been stronger, but I misjudged myself. I overestimated my own skills subconsciously… because I’m a Hashira." You stated again, not wanting to continue with the useless argument. "You’re not wrong, Y/N. You’ll be fine." Again, he insisted with the wise speech. You just closed your eyes and decided to just give up already since you cannot escape this prison, "I’m going to die because I made more than one mistake." You admitted, completely surrendering yourself to the Lady Bone Demon.

Just as you were about to give up, you felt a strong jolt on your body. The chains loosened up a bit and you could see through your eyes. You could see Monkey King pinning your body against the wall with a frown on his face, "Stop! Have you forgotten? Destroy me and you destroy the host. Have you become so desperate to end me that you would sacrifice this blameless, innocent child? This child that you considered as your own." You heard LBD say, trying to get on Wukong's soft side. Wukong growled and his frown darkened, "You've given me no choice. All the time you spent locked away, you haven't changed a bit! I'm going to finish you, like I should have done a long time ago. I'm sure Y/N would want me to do this to save the world. I told you, you should've stayed buried!" He exclaimed and was about to deliver the final blow.

"I've come too far to let you ruin everything again!" Just as she said that, you managed to break a few chains. You could feel the swift of energy in her power in your body. Sitting your mind on warning Wukong, you were able to take control just for a second.

"RUN!"

"Y/N?"

Wukong was surprised that he didn't notice the possessive powers of LBD rushing into him. Eventually, he was trapped as the powers slowly took over his body, "What are you doing? What are you doing?! Don't give up! Fight her and run away!" You mentally exclaimed while pulling on the chains, breaking a few more of them. You watched in horror as Wukong got possessed by her which meant that nobody can stand against her. Suddenly, the ability to see and hear everything outside your mind got blocked again, leaving you in the darkness again.

Whatever you do for others comes around to help you in the end, as well.

The words Mk said rang in your head again and when you looked up, the Monk was still standing there, but there was mist around him, "And humans are creatures who can summon unbelievable strength for the sake of someone other than themselves… Y/N." He added before he was completely consumed by the mist, revealing another man... a man you missed so much.

 a man you missed so much

"I remember now, Master. My father was just like you and had the same kind personality as you." 

Memories started to rush in your head... Your family, your brother... that horrible summer. You now got a new boost to fight, a new motivation to keep moving on and free yourself. With one powerful pull, you broke half of the chains.

"I'm not going to give up."