Arcade

She groaned in boredom "Vance ? You do know that theres other places to play pinball correct ?" He tilts his head to slightly face her before speaking "of course I know that dipshit" he definitely didn't. Vance being Vance is often clueless to school drama unless one of his buddy's who he calls 'weirdos who nag me' let's him in on it. So he hadn't figured out about the new arcade in town and even if he did he doesn't like to switch his schedule to go there. But sense y/n became his girlfriend she introduced him to a lot more places being more adventurous than him. And most times he's forced to come with her well he kind of chooses to because she decides to just do things and he feels the need to protect her.

So she was one of the first to find out about the arcade and she decided to check it out while hanging with finney and Gwen. Once she saw that pinball machine she new that now Vance could play and she could have fun of her own instead sitting there for two hours and watching him play. Plus it seems that no one has touched it except for one guy equally as big as Vance but a little taller .... Not saying much. He seemed calmer when playing pinball than Vance who's temper is just as short as him. And when she checked to see what he got and it read a familiar number
Score: 98,500
"Hmmm he has the same score as Vance right now" he's been working on that a score for a while and she was 100% happy for him seeing as he was very excited when he got that high. "Wow he's just as good as Vance" finney says in almost a whisper like he was scared Vance would pop up and hear him "Better than Vance" Gwen says rather loudly not caring at all.

"Well let's go then" she says looking at him with pleading eyes "why should I" he says trying to avoid her stare "because it would make me happy and you content... PLEASE" he look at her and immediately folded he rolled his eyes looking at his game looking back at her then saying"fine" her eyes lit up and she hugs him causing him to lose his game. "And I lost, this better be good y/l/n" she sighs out "it will be plus there's a guy-" he flashes a slightly confused face "what.. guy" she smirks at him before saying " he also plays Gwen says hes better than you" he looks slightly offended before saying "we're going there now" grabbing her arm and walking faster "you don't even know where we're going" she says before turning around cause he lead them down the wrong corner "oh" he says slightly embarrassed.

When they get there the pinball machine looks lonely in the corner and there was still the other boys score on the machine upon looking at it Vance looked rather surprised "it's not that high" he says which is a big contrast from his slightly annoyed face because he though he was the best player. She smiles at him before saying "yeah good luck beating it" before walking away that is before Vance turned her around to him again by grabbing her arm " where are you going ?" He says his eyebrow's furrowed "To go play games duh" she says looking excitedly. "Oh" he says before digging out his pocket to fish out a ten dollar bill for her and she looks even happier "what's this for ?" He shrugs "don't you need change to play the games or something" she kisses his cheek "your so sweet, bye Vance!" she says walking over to the register to convert her cash to change.

After about two hours she's used half of the coins and has gotten surprisingly two teddy bears from the claw machine that took most of the money and 1 of the hours not to mention that she was hungry. Hey Vance" she says to the now smoking looking blonde "what" he says seeming more than triggered still trying to beat the other guys score he's had saved in his mind since he saw it. "Ooh not time yet?" She says and he shakes his head no "okay I'm gonna get us some slushy's" after 30 mins of waiting in that long ass line for cheap tasting slushies she sighs as she sees him still in the exact same position as before still trying to beat the high score "take a sip it might help you win" she says putting the straw of the drink to his lips, He takes a sip not taking his eyes off his game.

She puts his drink down before sipping hers and watching his score go up almost beating the other guys. "Omg Vance your gonna beat him" he smirks slightly "of course I am" and luckily enough he beats him his score going over the 98,500 and up more and more he finally loses once he gets to 99,000 content with this score he takes a sip out of his slushy again "wanna come to my house for dinner ?" She asks the time already being 6:00 and because of the cold weather it's already dark outside "yeah sure can I sleep over too it's already dark" she nods slightly "better be lucky it's Friday because my mom would have said no and I like to sleep in my bed on school days"

When they get there they go into her room to hangout with the door wide open before dinner is ready they sit and eat with her family before she gets ready for bed leaving Vance to be questioned by her grandma and hear her story's they then switched her setting up the living room tv. The movie tonight being the sleeping beauty they settled on the couch together before she asked "you have fun today?" he stared at her blankly confused as no one's ever asked him that "it was okay" she's happy he didn't hate it "I got you something" she says looking giddy and he's now even more confused "what is it?" She then pulls out the teddy bear she got him it being a honey brown color and pretty fuzzy "you like it ?" She asks and in return he smiles at it and looks her in the eye "it's cute" he responds simply "great because they're twins!" she says before pulling hers out " he laughs at her slightly

"Maybe we can go to the arcade more often"

I can't wait to write a Valentine's Day special 🤭🤭🤭🤭 this is such a contrast from shades of blue but I wanted to add variation so I did a sad love song. I don't know what song I should do next though ? Anywho I hope you have an amazing day and to whoever happy birthday
Grover underwood for life 🌱❤️