Falling behind

It was 1976 and y/n was sick and tired. She watched the others around her stroll by with there group of friends, girls walking by holding hands with their boyfriends and she realized she was missing out. Avoiding people at all costs going home and not coming out was now not the way to live.  She needed more she needed drive something to awaken her when suddenly she was awoken out of her mind by falling into VANCE HOPPER! " omg this is it for me he's gonna whoop my ass" she says in her mind and she braces herself for a punch to the face.

Instead of his physical abuse he verbally abused her and started yelling "YOU FUCKING CUNT WATCH WHERE YOUR GOING BEF-" when suddenly he paused you open your eyes to see him staring at you weirdly then walking away. "What the hell was that about" she mutters under her breath wondering why he didn't just punch her and leave her there. Now that she was on the topic she thought Vance was rather hot despite his attitude and temper towards everyone and everything. Would she ever pursue him is not the question the real one is if would he pursue Anyone except his damned pinball machine ! he was obsessed with that thing.

She opened her gate and walked into her house to her little brother running around and grandma probably still hiding from him in the bathroom she decided to sneak upstairs for time to herself before coming back to her brother she crept up closed her room door and gave her friend mars a call after all she wasn't a total loser. "Girl guess who I ran into today" she says her friends asks "who" and she responds "vance a wall hopper" her friend audibly gasped as she asked nervously "you okay girl you got ice and bandages ?" She giggled and told her " That's what I was thinking but no he ain't punch me he just yelled and looked at me before walking a way weird right?" She continued talking to her friend before they had to go she then followed her normal routine. eat,watch her brother, nap, watch tv, homework, sleep.

The next day during school as she was taking out her books Vance walked in at the start of class gaining attention quickly from his fan girls and the fact he skips every week. She felt someone sit beside her and slowly turned around side eyeing him in the process. He was already looking at her and so he says "fuck you looking at slut" she turned around now embarrassed as she goes back to taking out her markers getting ready to take notes for this class he then picks up her pretty purple marker and says "who the actual fuck in this class but you care about taking notes ?"  She turns to him not prepared for his bullshit before firing back " I enjoy the colors thank you very much" as she snatches the marker out of his hands and starts designing her note book all pretty for the subject of the day. Later into the lesson it was time to actually do work and I guess he wanted to save his lower than hell grades as he taps her " you got a pencil ?" She then checks and tells him "only pens sorry" he then tells her back "fine I'll take the pen but no weird purple ones" she gives him a teal one and a red one seeing as they both match his personality. "Why'd you give me two" he asks " I assumed you wanted to try and color your book like me" he looks at her with a blank stare before saying "don't assume shit about me anymore got it ?" He tells more than asking "yes sir" she responds sarcastically before going back to her work.

After school as she's home this time her grandma is already by the door pushing her little brother in her hands before going past her out side to smoke.... Again she then takes him upstairs in her room gives him random objects and puts him on her bed to keep him busy before calling her friend Billy this time "what's up" he asks as she starts talking to him about her weekend plans mid convo she's interrupted by her grandma to come downstairs as someone's there for her. "Weird she mumbles before grabbing her brother running down stairs and seeing VANCE HOPPER IN HER LIVING ROOM !?

What the actual fuck she thought as he walks outside she follows him her grandma giving her a look and taking her brother from her. " why are you at my house !? Did you follow me here"  she asks a little concerned " look here bitch don't boost your own ego I just came to give you your pen back." He says as he shoves it in her hand "you couldn't wait till tomorrow how did you even get my address" he responds to her passive aggressive statement by saying "your dork friend Finney gave it to me as soon as I asked him, you should probably cuss him out for doing that shit" she made it a point to do exactly that as she says "okay thanks for coming" and opening her house door where her grandma popped in asking him to stay for lunch. She stopped making lunch and dinner Months ago ? "Okay sure thanks mrs y/ln"   She looked confused why is Vance putting on a customer service voice and acting nice ?