A night to remember

She slowly tilted her head as she mutters "I could've sworn I've seen him before" she was new to this school well kinda she had came back here from when she moved away with her mom two years ago and had to go back to her dad because of family issues... her dad was pretty cool being at work most times. He comes home she's had to start cooking for them, they eat dinner together, watch tv, and go there separate ways for bed. Some weekends they hangout. Today was her second week back at this school since she left kinda in the beginning of 7th grade and now remembering certain people seeing they have also grown from they're middle school ways. She was currently in her 2nd Block when a curly haired blonde boy walked in he immediately demanded attention without doing much he sat down slumping in his seat. She gazed at him his eyes entrancing her they are unique, she's definitely seen them before? she would definitely recognize eyes like those but they weren't from the week before it was kind of like a memory... weird. But there's something she just can't shake about him as her day continues she stares at him and try's to make sense of it she's definitely interacted with him before why would she remember him otherwise ?

As she's In the shower recapping her day something hits her. that blonde haired boy he was a 8th grader while she was a 7th grader she Remembered he was nice to her, they were friends ? She remembered now Vance was his name they used to hangout all the time she found it weird how she forgot him if they were so close. Now being a freshman she wondered why he wasn't sophomore?

The next day during school he came in again ; this time he acknowledged her. The whole day she caught him staring at her before quickly looking away,He must remember me too. During 3rd block while she was coming out of the bathroom he was also walking out of the boys one she tried to get away so she would have to avoid awkward nostalgia she could barely remember him yet ! He grabbed her shoulder "y/n ?" He asked "hey" she says awkwardly realizing that shoulder grab that felt shockingly familiar. He stumbles "I'm uhm do you remember me by any chance" she scanned him he still looked the same but his height grew more and his forearms did too I guess that's just the way things go. "Yeah your Vance right ? I'm sorry I only remember you briefly" he suddenly frowned "oh" he says "well just go to the park it's by your house you might remember something" he mumbled before taking off in the opposite direction. "Weird" she says back with the most confused face.

But she did as told and sat In the park after walking around a bit she goes onto the swing set swinging gently trying to remember someone or something when she remembers she was here one night with Vance they were swinging! her mind suddenly starts racing.

Flashback two years ago September 2nd 1:10 am
"Y/n please can we hangout my dad he's doing it again" vance echoes from her phone in her room "vance it's 1am we can't-" she groans before getting cut off "please" he sadly pleads and she couldn't ignore it she had a crush on him and they were best friends she couldn't say no "fine meet me at my house" she huffs "okay see you" she climbs out of her window since her mom had sensitive ears with doors. She greets Vance "okay what do we do now ?" She says still groggy "whatever we want" he smirks she noticed he had a cut on his cheek and he walked with a slight limp she decided not to press him on it seeing as he might be sensitive about it. They ran around hand in hand all night stopping at grab n go for snacks and pinball which he and y/n recently took an interest into, they walked around making jokes and laughing and they stopped at the park to rest their feet where they're parents caught them her mom and dad banned her from seeing him again and Vance's dad beat him pretty badly him mom staying quiet as he does so. And after she had no choice but to ignore him her parents would kill her and she didn't want to get in the middle of her parents heated divorce arguments after a month her mother moved 4 hours away and her dad started seeing her during summers.

End of flashback

Holy shit she realized her parents and her own issues made her forget about Vance ! The next day during school she waited until lunch and caught him alone so she wouldn't be intimidated by his friends. "Vance" she calls out and he immediately turns around "y/n ?" His face was unreadable "i uhm I remember now what happened I'm sorry I forgot. Stress, time and change can do a lot To a girl" he chuckled at her while her eyebrows furrowed "your still the same not much has changed to me" she is surprised by his message " well not much has changed about you except your appearance and your violent reputation" he seems to look a little upset you found out about his temper so soon "yeah about that" you stop him "I'm not your mom you don't have to explain to me" she tells him"okay then, may I have your number ?" She looks stunned "uh- yeah sure" she then takes out a pen and writes her number down on his arm. it's still the same, he remembered her number and still does. "Okay see you later" he smirks and walks away leaving her to think about what the hell just happened.

A week later in middle of the night she gets a call she wakes up and answers "hey y/n wanna hang" she is shocked as she Hears Vance's voice "Vance it's like 1am" she says without thinking "I know but please ?" She groans before saying "fine where you wanna meet?" He smiles over the phone "at your house" he shows up and she tried her best to look better putting lotion on her dry face and Vaseline on her lips she goes outside "what's up Vance ?" He hugs her it was sudden but warm "wanna go to the park" she nods into the hug "sure" she says groggily they walk to the park and sit on the swings "you know what today is ?" He asks her. She responds sarcastically saying "no Vance remember I'm still half awake and pretty sure this is like a dream" he laughs at her comment before saying "September 2nd the night we got caught.

Do you even remember why we were here in the first place ?" She looks shocked finally understanding and audibly gasping as a response "you know you said the exact same thing the 'Vance it's 1am' I said you were the same" she giggles "that must have been muscle or vocal ? Memory" he laughs at her so called joke before speaking again "you know the reason my reputation is so bad is because after you left I was mad and sad and started finding other unhealthy ways to deal with it the reason the night even happened was because of my dad he's still the same and well I just became even worst" she looks down "I'm sorry I never bothered to call my parents was really strict about you and I eventually... forgot" he smiles at her "it's not your fault your here that's the thing" she looks at him quickly and says "it's like our reunited friendship anniversary or something" he agrees saying "yeah practically" she had been noticed a drop in his tone and his looking down from her eyes and back up started to make since.

They slowly leaned and and there lips finally collided his hand now grabbing her shoulder and his other one grabbing her back to pull her further in. all the other humans and all of the world problems vanished in that moment.

This was an night to remember

And that's how I reunited with your mother. Jk this story was an half baked shower thought and I slowly remembered the context of the song and had to find a way to make it pg ? Did ya notice the beabdoobee song references 🤨 as always thank you for reading i hope you have an amazing day or night and to whoever happy birthday