"Uh... guys?" He called. "You should probably see this."

Anthony carefully grabbed Janine, his bunny, and got to his feet, followed by the two girls. At first, it was probably a regular mirror. Daphne first saw just herself and her friends, staring at their reflections. Daphne also noticed that Lisa was very tall, but so was Anthony.

Suddenly, the vision began changing. The reflections of her friends faded away, but they were still by her side. She could feel Lisa's shoulder brushing against hers. In the mirror, it was only Daphne staring at herself.

Her clothing changed from Ravenclaw robes to a white dress, styled in the ancient Greek dress format. Usually, she saw the goddesses dressing in them when she met up with them on the field trips to Olympus. A golden laurel wreath was resting on top of Daphne's head, a symbol of victory amongst her folk. Her sword, the Ghost Orchid, was on her left hand. AnthÍzo, Pethaíno, the blade read. I bloom, I die.

Figures, several of them, appeared behind Daphne. Hundreds, like a crowd. Daphne recognized her mom, Persephone, and Hades, God of the dead. Zeus was familiar too, and the man with the beard and the sea-blue eyes, she assumed, was Poseidon. Demeter, her grandmother, was there too, and so was Aphrodite, Hephaestus, Ares, Nike, Hermes, Hecate, Hestia, Artemis, Apollo, and several other gods she could tell the name just by looking at their faces.

One thing, though, was odd. Everyone was clapping and smiling like they were proud. Her mom had her hand on her shoulder, and she was crying happy tears. Daphne saw that on her right hand was a head– Kronos' head. Kronos, whose pieces were scattered in Tartarus and who had ceased to exist long ago, a powerful Titan who had been thrown over by his children, had his head held by Daphne.

She was a hero. The gods were proud. Daphne had fulfilled her purpose: be the hero they wished for.

Michael Corner was smiling. "Look! It's me! I'm a big actor, and I'm dating Angelina Jolie!" He laughed, slapping his own hand in excitement.

Lisa laughed. "What? That's not what I see..."

"I don't care. All I know is I'm holding a Nobel prize and the Quidditch Cup. I'm awesome!" Anthony chipped up. He was flexing his (non-existent) muscles.

The girl looked to her sides, but it was only her happy friends. None of it was real. She wasn't the hero the gods admired: she was a failed witch, who couldn't do anything right. She wasn't the best. She was failing.

Her friends looked at the girl as she roughly walked away, holding her wand tightly in her hand as she rubbed the back of her hand against her eye, wiping a tear away.

"Wingardium Leviosa," She said and made the correct movement. This time, the feather went up, following Daphne's directions with her wand—a perfect spell.

She felt someone's hand on her shoulder. Lisa was smiling at her friend, and Janine the bunny was on the top of her head.

"I don't know what this... mirror is, but I can see it brought you the necessary booster." Michael and Anthony began clapping in synchrony again.

But, unlike her friends, she wasn't smiling. She was pissed. Irritated that Daphne only had one thing she needed to do, and she couldn't do it. Gods, she was a failure. All she needed was to be the best. Was that really so hard?

─•~❉᯽❉~•─

Daphne knew everything there was to know about Greek mythology. But she didn't know shit about the wizarding world. And technically, that meant she didn't know everything about Greek mythology.

You needed to be a great warrior to be the perfect hero. But you also needed to be smart, to know who were your possible enemies and their weaknesses and strengths. You needed to know who you were, what were your weaknesses and strengths. Most importantly, you also needed to know who the hell was up there, calling all the shots.