Chapter 9

The Girl Next Door

Chapter 9

(Brooklyn POV)

"Brook, I could never forget you" he spoke.

Something inside me told me to believe him because I have had no reason not too.

"Listen, we will text all the time and Skype every day!" He explained.

"I'm gonna miss yo-u" I wined.

He opened his arms for me to embrace and I gladly hugged him. He leaned in and kissed my forehead.

-

That night I fell asleep in my best friends arms.

-

I was woken up by Niall stirring beside me. Then I felt him sling an arm around my waist and pull me towards him.

I groan.

"Niaaallll."

"Whaaaat." he breathes into my neck.

"I wish you could come with me.." He wined.

"I wish I could go too...but I have to go to school."

Then it hit me.. What was I without Niall at school? I always sat with him at lunch at his little 'popular table' but he was always there. He walked me to all of my classes...not to mention to and from school everyday.

What if no one talks to me?

"What's wrong Brookie?"

I look into his worried eyes.

"Niall..what about school?"

"I'll just miss a bit, it's fine!" He explained.

"No... Not about that.."

His expression changed.

"What do you mean?" He questioned.

"...no one..will..erm..talk to me.." I murmured.

"It'll be fine! Trust me! I'll text Justin to come walk with you on Monday." He smiled. I cuddle back into his chest.

--------- back at Niall's house-------

"I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO BRING!!"

"WHAT DO I WEAR?!"

"BROOOOOK HELLP!"

I giggle at his tantrum.

"OKAYOKAYOKAY!" I finally said.

We picked out some of his best clothing and laid them out on his bed.

"We need to go shoppinggg!!"

"Arghhhh... Really?" He wined.

-

AT THE MALL

-

He looked through different clothing stores with no luck. I spotted an Abercrombie & Fitch and literally dragged Niall into it.

We found tons of tops and jeans and bought them all. We also found a Jack Wills store beside it. I picked out a blue hoodie with green accents around the sleeves and hood.

Lastly we went to a ice cream shop and got ice cream. Niall got a cookies and cream and I got chocolate mint.

Once we finished our ice creams we just getting ready to leave when..

"NIALL!" Her annoying voice spoke.

"Oh hi nicole?" He awkwardly said.

"OMG YOUR LEAVING SOON FOR THE XFACTOR RIGHT?!" She gushed.

She was literally screaming in his face like...really? SHUTUPPP!

"Yeah, I leaving tomorrow night.." He replied.

His words made my stomach flutter, was it that soon? Before I new it Nicole wrapped her arms around his neck. He hesitated but then hugged her back. After she finally let go she turned to me, she smirked and rolled her eyes.

"Bye Niall!" She waved. "Brooklyn..." She fake smiled.

B*tch.

She walked away with her friends and left Niall and I awkwardly standing there.

"Thank god I don't have to see her in a while." He chuckled.

Wait what?

"I thought you liked her..?" I questioned.

"WHAT?" He said surprised. "She's bloody annoying."

Thank god.

-

We headed back home and packed all of Niall's new clothes.

We stayed up until 2 am making sure he wasn't going to forget anything and then we passed out on Niall's bed.

--------------------------------------------

"Wake up Brooook" a voice repeated in my ear.

"It's 12:30, I'm leaving in a few hours."

I shot up.

My heart began beating 50 beats per second.

"YOUR LEAVING SOON?!"

"It's gonna be okay, I'll be back soon enough." He reassured.

-

We spent the past couple hours together and got all of his things organized.

"Ready to head to the airport?" Maura asked.

Niall nodded and grabbed my hand. He pulled me into the car and we drove to the airport. The car ride was pretty much silent except for the quiet music playing on the radio.

...

"We're here!" Maura said as she stepped out of the car.

Niall opened the door the the smell of underground parking filled my nose.

We grabbed his bags and went to the check in counter. An older lady with deep brown hair and glasses was helping Niall check in.

She tied a baggage tag on his large suitcase and handed back his passport and plane ticket.

We walked Niall to the bag drop off and said our goodbyes.

Maura embraced him in a loving hug and kisses his forehead. She said things like 'be safe' and 'your gonna do great'

Finally Niall came over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist, then i draped my arms around his neck.

"I'm gonna miss you so much Brookie." he whispered in the crook of my neck.

"But I'll miss you more." I replied.

"That's impossible." He answered and lifted his head so he was looking at me.

"I love you." He spoke and then his lips pressed against mine.

______________________________

A/N

OMG. Yes that just happened.

AHHHH!

#briall? Aha

I tried making this longer but idk.. It's still pretty short:/ sorry..

PLEASE VOTE&COMMENT

Thanks!

~Melissa :) xx