HT36.

KASHTON BENNET
DALLAS, TX

APRIL 6, 2022

KASHTON walked into his office, nudging the door shut with his foot while waiting for the FaceTime call with his mother to connect. "Look at you!" His mother's voice greeted him through the phone, prompting him to glance down at the screen.

"Wassup momma." Kashton replied, settling into the chair behind his desk and mirroring his mother's smile.

He couldn't express how happy he was to see her, especially since their FaceTime calls had been getting shorter due to her hectic work schedule and the time zone difference between Texas and California.

"My baby finally called me, ain't that something? I thought you were starting to forget about me." Tione exclaimed, putting her hand on her chest. Kash shook his head. "You been busy, I don't be wanting to bother you. I know you be tired." Kash said to her and Tione pouted staring at her son.

"You can always call me Kash, no matter how tired I am I'll always make time to answer for you." Tione responded truthfully, Kashton gave a small smile.

"Your my twin how could I not answer for my son shine." Tione added with a smile making Kashton laugh shaking his head.

Tione always called Kashton her twin ever since he was a newborn, Tione was a brown skin woman, soft features that were somewhere similar to Kashtons.

But everyone knew—everyone could see that Kashton looked just like his father but Tione called them haters because her baby looked like her.

Kashton was one of those kids who, if standing next to either of his parents, showcased a clear resemblance to both of them.

"Watchu been up to lady?" Kashton asked, observing his mother as she sighed, playing with the ends of her locs, which were dyed a pretty golden brown at the tips. "Nothing much... just living, getting old, working," Tione replied, and Kashton nodded as he noticed her in her blue scrubs.

"Missing my son." Tione added, causing Kashton to frown. "I miss you too momma, I promise ima come see you. You got my word." Kashton said earnestly, and Tione smiled before squinting her eyes at him, pointing her manicured finger at the camera.

"I better see you before the summer, King. I am not playing with you. Yeah, you're grown and all, but boy, come see your momma," Tione stated, making Kash suck his teeth at the use of his middle name.

"What's been going on with you? You look so handsome, how my son doing?" Tione asked, her eyes beaming with pride. "I'm good, can't complain," Kash replied, biting down on his bottom lip. He was just waiting for his mother to ask the question so he could ramble on and on about her. But he just wanted to wait until she asked to make him more excited to flaunt her.

"You happy down there? I hope not. I want you to come home, you don't miss home?" Tione said with a slight frown, eliciting a chuckle from Kash. "I'm grown, ma. I'm good," Kashton responded, which only made Tione smile and shake her head.

"What's keeping you down there? I know it ain't work.. Mr.CEO..." Tione teased, her eyes squinted. Kashton smirked a little and shook his head.

"Work most of the time. My lady too." Kashton responded rubbing his chin, Tione gasped and her eyes widened

"Your lady?!" Tione exclaimed with a smile. "My baby got a lady..!" she continued, putting emphasis on "lady," making Kashton smack his lips. His mother was dramatic as hell. Yeah, this was his first time ever mentioning a girl to her, but she was just extra.