Explosive Semi-Finals!

Beginne am Anfang

"I told you during the combat training that I'm not afraid of you anymore and I'll prove it. I'm gonna be the one to win the festival." Izuku responds as he continues to charge more and more power throughout his body. Lightning begins to arc off his body, striking the ground causing loud cracks of thunder.

"That's where you're wrong, Deku." Katsuki says as his palms begin to heat up preparing to set off an explosion. "I'm the one who's gonna be standing on that podium and you're gonna be in the burn ward!" Katsuki yells before setting off the explosion in his palm, launching himself forwards towards Izuku. "DIE!!!" Katsuki yells as he throws a hard left open palm strike towards Izuku, setting off an explosion at the apex of the attack.

Izuku notices the change in Katsuki's attack, seeing that he's attacking from the opposite side he usually does whenever he'd attack. Assuming that Katsuki wants Izuku to dodge to the right, Izuku does the opposite. He side steps past Katsuki's hand to Katsuki's left, gaining an opening on the other man's ribs. Katsuki had been anticipating Izuku to dodge to the right and began charging an explosion on the other hand, but when Izuku dips left underneath his attack Katsuki realizes his mistake too late. In the split second it takes Katsuki to look towards Izuku's direction, his eyes shrinking seeing the electrically charged fist of Izuku heading straight to his ribs. With no time to react, Katsuki is drilled hard by three consecutive punches to his side. The first landing on his kidney, the second hitting him in the ribs and the last striking him across the face. The strikes sent Katsuki skidding against the concrete, the strikes had cracked his ribs and jaw with a trickle of blood running down the side of his lip. He sets off an explosion to stop his backwards momentum before he doubles over in pain.

"And in a split second, Midoriya lands three massive blows against his foe! How will Bakugou recover from this?!" Present Mic declares as Katsuki raises a hand to his mouth the wipes away the blood. Looking at the red liquid staining his hand he clenches his fist and growls in anger.

"Whatever training that asshole has done with the pros makes him dangerous. Fighting up close isn't gonna work. Damnit, I can't take another hit like that, it's hurting to just breathe." Katsuki thinks before standing on both feet.

Katsuki clenches his teeth even harder as he blows up the ground, sending himself airborne, seeing the shift in his opponents movements Izuku raises his hands as if pointing a finger gun preparing to use his air bullets to down Katsuki from the sky. Katsuki manages to get to a high enough point in order to begin his counter attack. Izuku watches Katsuki flatten out his hand and then place the other partially open fist over his palm. With a slightly bloody smirk on his face, Katsuki let's loose his newest attack. "AP SHOT BARRAGE!!!" Katsuki shouts as he begins firing dozens and dozens or orange glowing bullets from his palm. Izuku is bombarded with dozens of AP shots that explode all around him. Using his speed, Izuku manages to evade most of them but one catches Izuku on the shoulder just as Katsuki lands on the other side of the arena. The explosion had burned off most of Izuku's gym uniform top exposing part of his shoulder that is burned and raw from the blast. He tears the jacket off of his body before grabbing his left bicep. He puts part of the jacket in his mouth then shoves his other arm hard putting his shoulder back into socket as he grunts in pain. He spits out the jacket from his mouth before standing up out of the smoke. The sweat caused his hair to be slightly matted and his muscles exposed to the audience. Many of the girls in the audience cheer seeing the muscled up successor of All Might, and among them Ochako is one of the loudest voices.

"Like how that feels Deku? There's a hell of a lot more where that came from." Katsuki says cockily as he stands across the arena from Izuku, his hands still raised preparing to launch more of the blasts. "Get up. I want to knock you back down again."

Izuku takes a deep breath before charging his power as high as it'll go. All the way up to 25% and then he pushes it further, his muscles bulge slightly as more power flows through his veins. Topping out at 32% of his power, the increase causes the lightning around him to strike the ground with enough power to scorch the concrete beneath his feet. Red arcing veins beneath his skin glow for a moment before dimming back to his normal skin color as his hair becomes illuminated by the power. He opens his eyes revealing that his eyes are now glowing green just like his hair and the energy running off of his body. Something about this change in Izuku causes Katsuki's blood to run cold as an overwhelming sensation crawls through his skin telling him to run. Izuku turns and gives Katsuki a confident smirk before vanishing, the sudden movement drags all the smoke with him as he moves creating a smoke ring behind him. Katsuki panics before blasting the ground in order to get airborne and away from Izuku, scanning the ground frantically looking for him. Izuku appears above Katsuki releasing a sonic boom from the speed of his attack, Katsuki can only stare as his opponent rears back for another attack.