Chapter 1 - Nightmare

Comenzar desde el principio

Charlotte carried me into the room and over to the floor length golden rimmed mirror which stood in the corner of the room next to a door which lead into my wardrobe.

My mother settled me on a stool which sat in front of my mirror and walked into the wardrobe, looking for my clothes for his evening.

I glanced into the mirror. My eyes a golden colour which sparked as the sunlight from the open window shone on them. My long wavy golden blonde hair cascaded down my back as it sat on my lower back, my cheeks rosy from all the running and hiding I had been doing with my mother. My skin was naturally light but not as light as my mothers as I had my fathers olive skin mixed in with it.

Golden eyes were a sign of royalty, it was a trait that my brother Christian and my father had.

"Here it is!" My mother exclaimed as she walked out with a small cream chiffon dress with golden embroidery, in one hand and a pair of white flats in her other hand. "This is what you're wearing tonight!" She smiled as she walked over to me.

I giggled in excitement as my mother helped me get dressed. I had my own maids to help me change but my mother wanted to change and spend time with me. She wasn't originally royal, she was a regular pack member which was ruled for by the royal family. When my father did his rounds as the next king he found his mate, my mother, and she followed him back to the castle.

I often asked her about her life at home and how different it was. She would tell me stories about how she grew up in a school with other children and how she would miss her friends who would visit her once a year. She could never go visit them as she was Queen of all of the packs and someone may try to hurt her.

"Done!" She exclaimed as she sat me back on the stool, having just helped me with my zipper at the back. She reached over to my vanity table which was on the right hand side of the wardrobe entrance and grabbed my golden tiara and a comb.

My mother combed through my hair humming to herself as she styled my hair, putting it up into a bun with the tiara sitting on top of my head.

I squeeled when it finished and jumped up from the stool giving her a twirl.

"You look perfect my darling!" She smiled her voice full of pride as she pulled me up into a bear hug making me laugh.

Suddenly there was a knock at the door. My mother looked towards the door and placed me down on the ground.

"Who is it?"

No reply.

Something was wrong.

"Mum?"

"Shhhh." She soothed not taking her eyes away from the door. She walked up to the door and quickly locked it. "Darling lets play hide and seek. Get in the wardrobe and shut the door and hide and don't come out."

"Um ok." I said as I opened the wardrobe door hiding behind the clothes and boxes.

It had only been a matter of seconds since the knock but suddenly there was another one.

I watched as her eyes glazed over as she reached through the mate link and spoke with my father. I could smell the person on the other side of the door. He smelt dirty and metallic, not a scent I recognised.

I watched through the crack in the wardrobe door as my mother glided towards the bedroom door.

"Who is there?" She demanded, there was no reply. "I am your Queen awnser me!"

Suddenly the door burst open, flying off of its hinges. In the doorway was a tall man his eyes black as he burst into the room. My mother moved backwards.