26. come clean

23rd october, 2021

•

"Bug! Will you hurry up? We're going to be late for breakfast!" Leah calls out to get her sisters' attention, seeing as they are now running late to go down and eat breakfast with the rest of the girls.

"Kei just texted to let us know she's gone down with the rest of the girls" Georgia relays the message back to the blonde as she slips her phone into her back pocket. "What's taking her so long? You're gonna be late to meet the boss at this rate" she jokes with her.

"I wish I knew the answer to that one" Leah mutters as she walks over to the bathroom door and pounds her fist against it. "Olivia, come on. Hurry up! Everyone's already downstairs eating breakfast. Let's go now!" she calls out to the younger girl.

Inside the bathroom, the teenager stood leaning up against the sink in the bathroom as she toyed with the shiny piece of metal in her hands, almost like it was tormenting her to use it once more than she already had.

The new, fresh cuts were enough proof of that.

Piercing the blade into her skin, in her opinion felt like an instant pressure relief from the overwhelming feeling she had been having since she woke up.

The girl needed an escape from everything going on around her and this was her escape from reality, it was her relief.

The girl had woken up with a terrible spout of anxiety and her bad mood only seemed to worsen when she was rudely woken up and forced to get out of bed by her older sister before she even had the chance to properly wake up.

However, Olivia can't agree that she had much sleep, and she maybe had an hour or two at the most. It was hard to sleep when she had so many thoughts racing around her head at once.

Today was game day and she knew she should be feeling excited to be able to watch her sister and the rest of the girls play but she couldn't help but dread the whole day ahead.

It was going to be the first time that she would be seeing her dad ever since he all but turned his back on her and she wasn't prepared for that, having it only dawn on her again when she was about to drift off to sleep.

Nor was she ready to try and figure out the confusing feelings that she felt towards her friend, that was just complicated.

It all felt so suddenly overwhelming for the teenager to handle and with that, old habits are easy enough to break when she was able to find her sisters' unopen razor lying around, but why she the older blonde feel the need to hide it out of sight? Olivia had been damn sure to make sure her secret remained well-kept, and nobody knew about it.

"Olivia!" The sudden loud shouting from the annoyed blonde on the other side of the door made her jolt in shock and drop the blade into the sink.

"Fuck, shit, oh no" The teenager mumbles, wincing as the metal clashes against the porcelain sink. "Uh, yeah, umm just a minute and I'll be out" she shouts a reply as she quickly reaches to pick the blade up.