11. betting pool

1st october, 2021

"Remember that I'll be picking you up from school early today, okay?" Leah reminded her sister for what felt like the hundredth time, knowing full-well that she was probably not even listening what she had said

"Remember that I'll be picking you up from school early today, okay?" Leah reminded her sister for what felt like the hundredth time, knowing full-well that she was probably not even listening what she had said. "Liv, are you listening to what I'm saying?" she wondered.

The teenager was indeed not listening, instead she was occupied with a current game of tug-of-war between herself and Blu instead of getting ready for school like she was meant to have been doing.

"Liv?" Leah repeated, trying to get her sister's attention. "Earth to Olivia? Hello?" she waved her hand in front of her sister, another attempt to get her attention.

"Huh, what-- What did you say?" Olivia peered up from where she was lay on the floor, pulling the toy from the pup that let out small growls.

Leah shook her head in disagreement, "You're meant to be getting ready for school, not playing with Blu. You're going to be late." she told her.

"Yeah, yeah, I know... I'm ready," The younger blonde replied, continuing to tug the rope in her direction.

"Are you?" Leah asked, raising her eyebrow. "Did you hear what I was telling you?" she asked.

"Uh, yeah, course-- Wait, what was it that you said again?" Olivia questioned confused, glancing up at her older sister.

"Olivia!" Leah scolded in disbelief.

Olivia smiled bashfully at the older blonde, "Sorry, sorry... I'm listening now." she told her.

"Right, okay, remember, I'll be picking you up from school early," Leah repeated, mentally adding another number in her head.

"You are, yeah, alright... Why?" Olivia questioned, dumbfounded.

"Liv! I have literally told you so many times!" Leah exclaimed, throwing her hands up in the air.

"Yeah, yeah, I know," Olivia replied, shrugging her shoulders. "I just forgot that's all." she admitted.

Leah shook her head, "Right, course, you did," she muttered to herself. "I'll be picking you up at half past 1, I'll be waiting in the reception for you and your appointment will be at 2 o'clock." she told her.

"Yep, okay, 2 o'clock... Got it," Olivia repeated in agreement, barely taking anything in that Leah had told her as she fought with the rope against the tiny dog.

"Liv, you've not even listened to me," Leah remarked.

Olivia peered up at the older blonde, "I am, 2 o'clock, you're picking me up. See? I listened." she replied smartly, cockily grinning to herself.

"Alright, smart-ass, go and finish getting ready for school, you have ten minutes before we need to leave--" Leah started to tell her.

"Jord isn't even downstairs yet!" Olivia objected, cutting her older sister off.