24. arrival at camp

17th october, 2021

"What's with this music? It's terrible," Olivia complained, scrunching her face up in irritation as they drove in the car to St

"What's with this music? It's terrible," Olivia complained, scrunching her face up in irritation as they drove in the car to St. George's park for the international camp to begin.

Leah rolled her eyes as she tapped her hands on the steering wheel of her car, "Quit criticising my music. There's nothing wrong with Shania Twain," she insisted.

"There is though," The teenager snickered, shaking her head in disagreement. "It's terrible," she repeated to get her point across to the older blonde.

"It's better than half of the stuff you listen too," Leah remarked, flicking the indicators up to signal to the driver behind she was turning right as Olivia tried to reach over and turn it off. "Leave it," she told her.

"It's better to listen too. I just want to find a decent song to listen to!" Olivia whined, shrugging her shoulders as she turned her attention back to her phone in her hand.

The teenager was grateful enough that her sister was so kind to give it back to her the previous night, so she was able to catch up on any missed texts from her friends group and all of her social media that she'd missed, but the blonde made it very clear that any more bad behaviour and she wouldn't hesitate to take her phone away again.

"Why are you so grumpy?" Leah wondered, chuckling slightly as she briefly glanced at her sister as they were held up in the typical traffic for a Monday.

"I wouldn't be if someone hadn't forced me out of bed this morning before the sun was even up!" Olivia grumbled as she let out a small huff. "We didn't even have to leave until this evening either!" she added.

"Maybe if you'd have packed the night before like I told you to do then I wouldn't have had too," The older sister of the two stated.

"I was busy last night," The teenager responded as she shrugged her shoulders.

"Busy doing what? Texting your girlfriend isn't an excuse," Leah couldn't help but laugh and shake her head amusedly.

"Le, she's not my girlfriend. We're just friends!" Olivia insisted, huffing dramatically.

"Are you sure? Sure seems like it the way that you two acted so close on Thursday night when I saw you," Leah remarked, not missing the fact that Olivia's cheeks heated up slightly as she blushed.

"Stop, we're just friends," Olivia repeated, insisting it was nothing more but she couldn't deny that she did feel weird feelings when she was around the brunette girl.

"That's what they all say," Leah teased, smirking to herself as she continued to strum her hands to the beat of the music.

Olivia scoffed and rolled her eyes, "You know I think I prefer it when you're all down and mopey giving the ol' "oh i'm so depressed, jordans' left me" mood rather than this..." Olivia mocked her sisters' voice, nailing it if she did have to say so herself.