Chapter 5

[Author's POV]

"Enter" Dumbledore's calm, alert voice called from inside.

A chorus of "Good morning, Professor," came from the 3 (except Harry who was staring at his dead Headmaster, this close-up, after 10 years).

"Ah, yes. Good morning children. I was expecting you." Dumbledore said, his eyes twinkling.

"Yes professor, we- wait you were?" Hermione said startled.

"Yes. I should apologize for having peered in your mind, Miss Weasley, or should I say Mrs Potter, but I found it quite shocking how confident you were last night. A few children can have such confidence when something that has the power to change their lives lies ahead. I happen to be an expert Legilimens and checked your mind. I do apologize." He added.

Ginny just nodded.

"Well Professor, that would mean you know of our situation?" Ron asked hopefully.

"Yes, as a matter of fact, Mr Weasley. I happen to know the gist of it. I do, however, need you to explain to me exactly what happened,"

"Professor, we were at James, who is Harry and Ginny's son's birthday. Suddenly, a Patronus appeared and told us that a few Death Eaters were on their way to the party. Most of the guests left. A few of us, however, stayed to get rid of them, most of us being Aurors or Ex-Aurors. The Death Eaters tortured us, hoping to bring back their master again. But they didn't know Voldemort really was gone this time. So they turned to us. One of them fired a spell and the four of us fell back. The last thing we remember was George and Neville's worried faces. We then woke up in this lifetime, our old homes. And we went about everyday life since then" Ron explained.

"And have you gone through it exactly as it went when you were 12 Mr Weasley?" Dumbledore questioned.

"No, sir, we saved ourselves the trouble of going through some things that happened," Ron said turning red.

"For example?"

"Sir, the smallest bit was, we were going to Diagon Alley to get our books, it was the first time Harry traveled by the floo network and ended up in Knockturn Alley. This time, however, he reached Diagon Alley safely. Hermione did not stay at our house for the summer vacation, but this time she did. And the biggest one was, Dobby the house-elf had made sure Harry and I couldn't go through the wall between Platforms 9 and 10, making us miss the Hogwarts Express, but this time we entered before my mother, so we did not miss it. Last time we had come in my father's flying car to school and almost gotten expelled," Ron explained sheepishly.

"Oh dear. You 4 have already messed up part of the timeline beyond repair. I shall take a look into the spell you speak of. But until then, I want you all to go about everyday life exactly as it occurred in your past. We must make sure the timeline changes as little as possible," Dumbledore said, his twinkle fading.

"We need to do everything exactly as it was?" Hermione asked nervously.

"Yes, Miss Granger. That would include any contact between any of you that normally would not have been there," Dumbledore said firmly.

"What do you mean!? Do you seriously expect me to have no contact with my husband, brother, or sister-in-law?" Ginny said angrily. This was the first time she had spoken since they arrived.

"I'm sorry, Miss Weasley, but you need to go about everyday life as it went when you were 11. I need to look into the spell you speak of before you change anything drastic. Until I call the four of you to my office with further news, you must do everything with caution. You four currently have the power to ruin time as we know it. The smallest of things you may think about, might make drastic changes in the future. Like, Mr Weasley, you said Voldemort is dead in the future? If you call in a sick day that wasn't there last time, you might prevent that. That is how cautiously you must go about time." Dumbledore said firmly.