Chapter 2

[Author's POV]

It had only been a week since they had arrived in the past, but they were enjoying being back at The Burrow. They all had decided that they would be going to Dumbledore the first day of school to talk to him. Till then they decided to try to be as subtle as possible. For example, Harry and Ginny couldn't share kisses every time the other was leaving the first. They weren't allowed to sleep together either. But Harry would sneak out of Ron's room and into Ginny's every night and be back by dawn. They both couldn't sleep away from each other for too long or their nightmares were bound to start. Harry would not take risks over Ginny, even if it meant being hunt down by 5 of her brothers and her father (Ron of course, being the only one who wouldn't do much since he too was from the future).

Ron, on the other hand, was missing Hermione dearly. Of course he wouldn't admit it, but Harry had caught him mumbling her name while asleep quite a few times when he returned at dawn. Funny, really.

Every meal, Mr. Weasley, liked for Harry to sit with him so that he could question him about life with muggles (although Harry had long since stopped with that) and how they lived without an ounce of magic. He wanted Harry to explain how things like plugs and postal service worked. Harry had had to stop himself multiple times, when he accidentally let slip a gadget from the future, that was yet to be created.

"Facinating!" he'd say, when Harry explained how telephones work. "Ingenious, really, how many ways Muggles have found of getting along without magic."

They heard from Hermione a while after arriving (which, Harry suspected, was because of the Weasleys' dead owl, Errol's doing) while the boys were in Ron's room. Ron was ecstatic when he saw it, jumping up and down after he finished reading it.

"Woah, mate calm down!" Harry exclaimed.

"Easy for you to say, your wife has been here all along, Hermione's here!!" Ron almost squealed in excitement while passing Harry the letter.

Ginny entered, "Keep it down, will you?" She said as Harry gave her the letter for reading.

"Thank Godric I'll have someone sensible from the future!" Ginny sighed in contentment.

"Oh come on, darling, admit it, you love us," Harry said, grinning foolishly.

"Of course I do," Ginny replied distractedly, staring at the letter furrowing her eyebrows. "Have either of you noticed how this is nothing like Hermione's handwriting?"

"Oh, that's because she must have tried to make it as different as possible from her usual handwriting, in case, you know, we weren't here," Ron responded wisely.

"Since when have you become intelligent, wasn't Hermione the smart one in the group?" Ginny smirked.

"Get realistic, love, they've been living together for over 6 years, he's got to do things other than annoying my sister all day long," Harry said grinning at Ron, who rolled his eyes.

"Oh stop it, as if you don't annoy my sister," Ron said still "irritated" at Harry as he threw a pillow at him.

"Wow, look at you two talking about your wives as if I'm not even here," Ginny said, rolling her eyes.

"Of course not, Gin," Harry said hastily as he pecked her cheek. "I love you,"

Ginny smiled cheekily before kissing Harry passionately. Harry responded by wrapping  his arms around her waist pulling her as close as possible, as Ginny played with his hair at the back of his neck. Ron had to clear his throat to make sure things didn't escalate too quickly, making sure his sister and his best mate didn't blind him. Harry and Ginny pulled away sheepishly.