Chapter 22: Navidad Caido

Start from the beginning

Blood quickly poured from Musashi's wrist before his exosuit started to heal the wound. A moment later, he watched as a once human abomination walked out from the tree line. Its left arm was swaying from side to side, a long bloody blade of bone running down from its elbow to wrist.

All along the right side of its face were twelve glowing red eyes that analyzed Musashi. "What a night." Musashi muttered while taking a step forward. With a single swing from his sword, the left arm of the beast was severed by a slash of red energy. "I'm sorry for what has been done to you."

Phasing right up to the beast, Musashi jabbed his sword through one of the beast's eyes before ripping his katana out the side of its head. "I know it's not fair. To have your humanity torn away from you so cruelly." He pierced his sword through the chest of the beast, pinning it to the ground.

"To be violated all for the sadistic pleasure of a man you have no association with. A war you have no part in." Drawing his fist back, Musashi punched through the beast's skull leaving only a couple eyes looking back up at him. "You're suffering only due to my own weakness. All because I couldn't succeed in being the executioner I was born to be."

After ripping his sword out of the beast's chest, Musashi raised his foot and stomped on the beast's head, causing blood and brains to explode all over the grass. A single eye rolled across the ground and stopped in a position allowing for it to continue looking up at Musashi menacingly.

"You seem to be doing well." Scout's voice said from behind Musashi. Turning around, Musashi sighed in relief at the sight before him. Standing there was Scout with none other than Wolf, Karma, Mitch, Deadeye and Myshka standing by his side. "For the most part." He added upon seeing Musashi's broken arm and missing hand.

"All's good." Musashi bent down to pick up his severed hand and place it up to his wrist. As his exosuit reattached his hand, the ground began to rumble, and in the distance a large explosion destroyed a large portion of the part. Then, in another part of the park, a shockwave of white energy destroyed everything in its half-mile radius.

"We let this happen." Karma stated while staring down at the corpse of the mutated man. "We knew Muerte was planning something. We should have dealt with him the moment we discovered-"

"You know it's not that easy." Myshka interrupted. "Muerte isn't someone we can engage with without a plan. He's strong enough where even Boss isn't sure he can take him in a one on one. Now, what does that tell you about the rest of our chances against Muerte?"

Hearing the reason behind Myshka's words caused Karma to exhale annoyingly though her nose. Thats when she noticed Wolf standing on a bench near that gave a clear view of the entire park. But what he watched was not in the park, but above it nearly a couple hundred feet in the air.

In the air above the park, Foxtrot was flying up, higher and higher into the sky, multiple winged beasts tailing behind him. In a simple maneuver, he spun around and began descending towards the closest mutant. Grabbing the mutant by the face and dragging it down through the sky, a flash of white energy disintegrated the beast's head in his grasp.

Foxtrot then aimed outstretched his arm behind himself, a beam of energy firing from his palm and cutting the nearest beast in half. But while he was distracted by that, another beast flew up beside him in a split second and bit down onto the shoulder of his right arm. And it was in that split second that the beast tore his right arm from his body.

"Shit!" Mitch let out while preparing to jump forward.

But before Mitch could, Foxtrot spun around and punched his hand through the beast's head. Yet even with half its head destroyed, the beast still thrashed in the air, swinging its claws at Foxtrot. So, in turn, he grabbed the beast by the remaining part of its head and flung it past Wolf onto the ground beside Mitch and Karma.