•10•

Silas "Slim" Thurgood

"I don't want you to grab her from the club

"I don't want you to grab her from the club. Just follow her home. I need to know where that little nigga lays his head. I'll contact you with furth instructions. Extract Ennis but leave my daughter unharmed I'll take care of her myself."

"Understood Boss."

I hang up snapping the flip phone in half discarding it in the trash. Leaning back in my recliner I light the Cuban cigar hanging between my lips.

Ennis was smart to go into hiding because once my babymomma explained what happened at the hospital I was on his ass. I've never respected a snitch but I'm glad her information was accurate. She had my bastard and thought that she had solidified a place in my life for which she was sorely mistaken. And if seems as if her daughter was applying the same strategy for Ennis. I can't help but chuckle at the thought of him finding out he'd fucked around and knocked up Saaliyah's half sister. Ennis acted more like me than I cared to admit. Even though she hadn't been raised by me it was clear that the streets called her name if her taste in men was any indication. I know that she must have inherited that trait from her mother. Just thinking about Nativity's thick chocolate ass made me hard. She was beautiful and alluring. The kind of beauty that made killing my only brother an easy task when I found out that they were fucking around.

But I let her live which just goes to show how deep the love was. I'm aging and need someone to take over. My daughter is the key to making all that happen whether she is open to the idea or not. Because at the end of the day it didn't really matter.

Father knows best

* * *

Ennis Jones

Hearing Yah's keys in the door I pause the tv

Hearing Yah's keys in the door I pause the tv. If her giggles and slight stumbles are any indication  my sister has let her get fucked up.  It's going on 4am and I'm pissed. The fact that she ditched her security and was showing her ass figuratively and literally was already  enough but the fact that her bitch ass ex was trying to weasel his way back into her life wasn't sitting well with me.

"Hey baby." She has a sleepy smile on her face as she climbs into my lap, kissing on my neck.

"I was mad at you for forgetting my birthday but the Hennessy went straight to my pussy, so I forgive you." I can't help but chuckle at her silly ass.

"I didn't forget. Look around." She finally looks around the room taking it in. The rose petels and candles that cover every available surface. The giant balloon arch in the doorway. The purple heart shaped birthday cake sat surrounded by bags from Celine, Chanel, Cartier, LV, and Bottega. Her eyes well with tears that usualy would make me want to comfort her but it's clear that she doesnt really know me at all.

"Baby I'm sorry-" I silence her with a look and slide her off my lap.

"I can't believe that you would think that I would let a day like your birthday go by without letting you know how precious you are to me."

"With the way you've been ignoring me it's hard to tell that I mean so much to you." Clenching my jaw, I try to calm down before crashing out on her. Yah had always been do sensitive. Constantly needed reassurance from the people she loved that they actually loved her back and that was never going to change.

"I'm literally sitting here trying to protect you, clean my money and secure our future and you gone say some dumbass shit like that."

"I never asked you for any of that!" She stands on wobbly legs trying to puff her chest out.

"You didn't have to that what people who care about each other do for one another. If you were just a random I was trying to catch a nut with, do you think I'd be going out of my way to make sure you were safe, drop over a 100,000 for your birthday or by you this fucking ring to ask you to be my girl because I know you care about being asked formally. I would not be going out sad behind no other girl Saaliyah, but I'm sitting here looking like a damn simp for you. And what do I get in return? You are acting like a fucking brat because you wanted to go pop pussy in the club instead of staying home with your niggah!"

Raking my hands through my hair I try to calm down. Yah picks up the ring box with shaking hands revealing the 5ct pear shaped diamond and sapphire ring inside. I had my Jewler make it for her months ago, not knowing it there was ever a time I would ever be able to actually give it to her. I never thought I would be able to tell her how I felt about her after all these years of having to pretend to be content as her friend when all I ever wanted to be was her man.

Taking the ring from her I slide it on her finger happy that it fits like a glove.

"Saaliyah, I love you. I always have and will until I take my last breath. I need you trust the fact that I'm doing what's best for us. I want you to be by girl and after all this shit with your dad is put to rest, I'm going to make you my wife and knock you up with our D1 babies." She chuckles.

"I trust you, but I'm not a fool. I know you are keeping something from me. I've had people lying to me my whole life and I don't want you to be another person on that list. I can't agree to being your girl if you can't be completely honest with me.

Blowing out a sigh I can't help but feel like this news will be what ends us before we even get a chance to start.

"Do you remember the nurse that was at the hospital that informed me about your father's identity?" I could see the wheels turning in her head trying to figure out where this was going. I nudged her into taking a seat and I sat beside her giving her hand a reassuring squeeze.

"Vaguely. Why? What does she have to do with anything?

"She had an affair with your dad that made your mother fuck his brother in revenge. she ended up getting pregnant and though that he was going to leave your mom for her. She was mistaken. she raised the baby on her own under her last name. And that baby was Jasmine."

I tense as I wait for her reply. The silence deafening.

"So, you expect me to play step mommy to my niece or nephew? And that bitch probably knew this whole time that we were related and still wanted to go to war about some dick that has always belonged to me. This is some Jerry Springer shit, RIP to him."

"Yah, please be serious right now."

"What do you want me to say? I'm not giving you up. I'm not going to watch your playhouse with a bitch you don't even like because you can't keep your dick in your pants."

"It's not my baby Yah."

"Nigga open your eyes, she's been playing from her mommas' playbook. trap a rich nigga 101. But they both didn't count on both off y'all already being in love." Pressing a kiss to my lips she grabs the cake and looks at me expectantly.

"What?"

"Now that we've gotten all that other bullshit out of the way I Rember telling you I'm horny and after I shower, you're going to eat this cake off my ass and fuck me until I forgive you for lying. Blow the candles out and be waiting for me in the bed." She smirks sashaying off to the bedroom. Quickly dousing the flames I'm hot on her heels my dick thickening for her excited squeals.