III.

DO NOT COMMENT 'UPDATE' OR ANY VERSION OF IT. PLEASE AND THANKS. IF YOU COMMENT UPDATE OR ANY VERSION OF IT, YOUR COMMENT WILL BE DELETED.

Clover Bonheur didn't like pain, sadness, or any negative emotions. She hated the lump in her throat she got when she was close to crying, she hated how it felt like something heavy was on her chest preventing her from breathing correctly.

So why was she not avoiding Clarisse the day after she had left another flower crown behind?

It was a good question, especially since her heart hurt each time she thought about the gifts that never made it past the entryway of the Ares cabin.

But she didn't know how to bring it up with her best friend. Meaning she did what she always did and ignored the elephant in the room.

What was she supposed to say?

You keep giving away or leaving behind the things I make for you. The gifts I make specifically for you because I like you.?

She would rather drown herself in the lake.

How terribly embarrassing would it be for Clover to confess her feelings and then be rejected and not have her best friend anymore?

She had liked Clarisse as more than a friend for 3 years, since they were 13. She liked everything about the curly haired girl and wouldn't change a thing.

Clover would rather have Clarisse in her life as her best friend than not at all. Besides... it was just gifts she was leaving behind. It wasn't something important.

"Lucky, are you even listening to me?" Clarisse asked

The daughter of Tyche nodded, "Of course."

The daughter of Ares narrowed her eyes, not believing her best friend, "Then what was I saying?" She asked

"You were saying... That you... can't wait to cream Percy in capture the flag." Clover guessed with a nod

The curly haired teen hummed, "Lucky guess."

"Daughter of the goddess of luck." The brunette said, "Heard what happened in the bathroom last night."

Apparently last night, Clarisse and a few of her siblings attempted to put Percy's head in the toilet and then the plumbing exploded.

Odd, but nothing that wasn't justified. Though she would never say that our loud.

Clarisse rolled her eyes, "I'll cream the punk in capture the flag." She gritted out

Clover just hummed as a way of letting her best friend know she was listening.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The day of capture the flag dragged on in Clover's opinion. Finally, the plates were cleared away and the conch horn sounded as everyone stood at their tables.

Campers yelled and cheered as Annabeth and two of her siblings ran into the pavilion carrying a silk banner. It was about ten feet long, glistening gray, with a painting of a barn owl above an olive tree. From the opposite side of the pavilion, Clarisse and her siblings ran in with another banner, of identical size, but red, painted with a bloody spear and a boar's head.

The teams were announced. Athena had made an alliance with Apollo and Hermes, the two biggest cabins.

Ares had allied themselves with everybody else: Dionysus, Demeter, Aphrodite, and Hephaestus.

Clover stood near Luke and Percy but she tuned them out so she could listen to the speech.

Chiron hammered his hoof on the marble, "Heroes... it's time!" he announced, "The first team to retrieve the opposing flag and return it across the river shall be the victor. As always, there will be no maiming and no killing. I trust these rules will be respected. Any magical items you may possess, are permitted as well. Every camper who is not injured has to play. Prisoners may be disarmed but may not be bound or gagged."