she wakes you up after a bad dream (requested)

"Are you alright?" You spoke softly as you brushed your fingers across Taylor's cheeks.

The adoring gaze that you looked at her with along with the sweet smile on your face made her heart swell as she tried to ignore the thoughts in the back of her mind.

"Yeah, great." She said before kissing your cheek. "Come on, let's finish this and then head back to the hotel."

You nodded and took her hand into yours again before you continued the hike.

You and Taylor needed to take a little vacation to get away from the stresses and anxieties that were getting quite intense for both of you lately.

So she planned what she thought would be the perfect trip to a place that had many activities for you to do together, including going for a hike in this breathtaking forest.

The leaves were just turning colors on the branches, making it even more gorgeous.

You were enjoying every second of it and Taylor felt so good seeing you so happy as you swung your intertwined hands back and forth with every step and talked about the different animals and critters that you saw along the way.

But... something didn't feel right.

This was a popular place but there weren't many people on the path you and Taylor decided to go down.

You both agreed to this one for some privacy.

But you weren't alone.

There was someone following you both.

Taylor tried to brush it off as nothing; maybe this man was just wanting to enjoy a nice hike in this beautiful forest like the two of you.

But if that was the case... why was he following every step you both took?

Why did he stop when you and Taylor stopped?

Why was he staring at you both to the point that it was making her feel uncomfortable?

Why was she hearing clicks like the sound of pictures being taken on someone's iPhone?

She didn't have a good feeling and it was just getting worse and worse.

"Hey, we should head back." She said as she squeezed your hand. "We have that thing with that couple we met last night? They wanted to meet up at seven and it's a few minutes after six. We should head back now before it gets too dark or we end up being late."

You furrowed your eyebrows because, at first, you had no idea what she was talking about.

But when you watched her look from the corner of her eyes multiple times at the man approaching you both, you caught on to what she was doing.

"Oh, shoot. I forgot about that. Is it that late already?" You asked.

"Yeah, and they know we're here so they can always meet us at the bottom of the path if we want to." She said loudly on purpose, hoping it would make the man apprehensive if he had anything up his sleeve. "But why wait? Let's just head back, okay?"

"Okay." You said with a nervous smile as you began to feel just as creeped out and uncomfortable upon realizing that the man had been following you both for some time now.

You both turned around and a yelp left your lips upon seeing that the man was now standing right there in front of you.

"Hi, ladies." He said with an uncomfortable smile. "Say, you wouldn't happen to know how long this path goes on for, would ya? I have a map but I think I'm lost."